Isuzu Rodeo DMax

MaxJ

Guys,

Im sure there are lots of threads about the perfect pick up but can people just tell me whether these trucks are good?

I know they sound a bit ropey when cold but I do like them and they have a 3000kg towing limit and good mpg which makes it a good choice instead of the disco. I shoot during the winter so will need a 4x4 for that but want to have something I wont ruin putting saws etc in the back.

Thanks.

Max

Edited by MaxJ

I didnt like my Rodeo, i bought one new 4 years ago, it was the automatic. Fuel economy ha ha, just because 2 guys got 900 miles out a tank if fuel, thats because they sat at 28 miles an hour for a week. They sound like tractors and are terrifying in the snow, no engine break in 4x4, i found out down a big snowy driveway not cool. There is very little room in the back even for kids, 2 adults in the back just doesnt work. I lost £9k on mine in a year. I would rather have 1 Navara than 2 Rodeos.

Thanks for that guys, going to try one today and got chance of good deal on an 08 plate. Would be interested to hear from you Nifty to see what you think of it. Just out of interest, what made you go for the Isuzu?

Max my old man had one and it was a bit of a pain, parts when needed seemed to be way way over the odds in terms of price and he spent ages waiting for parts as they werent on the shelf, he flogged it after about 9months and bought a disco commertial hasnt looked back since

Cheers pal. Going to try one in a bit and see what they're like. Pal of mine has one and tows big stuff with it so will see what he thinks.

Staring to have the odd issue with the disco at the moment so thinking a change is in order before it costs too much to fix!

How's the nipper?