naughty climber nicking my logs !

orang utah

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were going to charge someone who climbs for you and earns you money who is purportedly a friend £40 for a bulk bag of split oak and ash even though their work has probably contributed to wood in your wood pile.

I would say you have made a rod for your own back by having the nerve to charge £40 for a bulk bag sized load, myself and I know a lot of others would have charge at cost at most if not said take them for nothing.

You were going to charge someone who climbs for you and earns you money who is purportedly a friend £40 for a bulk bag of split oak and ash even though their work has probably contributed to wood in your wood pile.

I would say you have made a rod for your own back by having the nerve to charge £40 for a bulk bag sized load, myself and I know a lot of others would have charge at cost at most if not said take them for nothing.

so what would you value the cost @ ?

Here Here tiz after all a few poxy logs hardly steal of the cetury,for all we know he may only earn 25 pound 10 a week and feel the cold badly.Im glad some of the guys on ere arent head of executions any where.

I will never understand this sort of attitude!!!!!!!!!:confused1:

Theft is theft!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never work with any one with that sort of attitude:thumbdown:

I think you need to have a chat to him before anything. Communication is always key.

The smaller things you mention, Karabiners, felling bars etc do end up with the wrong person if your working with that person regularly it's often not seen as a problem as chances are you'll be using them with that person the next day. I think you may have 2 seperatate points to discuss.

It's also worth talking about the bulk bag thing, did he assume a bulk bag was a cubic metre in which case a 10x5 tipper body with standard sides would only be just over a cubic metre. Could be a pushing his luck rather than criminal...

I don't know the full facts and I suspect you don't (unless it was a high sided tipper big bed filled to the top?) so I'd have a chat with him and go from there. As others have said though if it is genuinely theft you need to get rid, you can't work with people you don't trust.

R

Seems to me that there are 2 seperate issues....

Firstly the logs, I'd have a chat with him so he has chance to explain himself then depending on answer go in with the cctv edivence and take action as appropriate.

Secondly, the "missing" kit. Without proof that it was him who lifted it then you could be opening a can of worms if you accuse him of theft and dismiss him.

You could search his van but he'd have to give you permission to do so.

Tricky situation either way.