Husqvarna vs. Stihl vs. Echo??

ChainsawDR

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who has one locally, the big plus is that you can pick it up and carry it anywhere, through a house, up steps, ect.

It is a small machine, so its never going to out perform a bigger more powerful grinder, but with a sharp set of teeth it can cut some stump.

A new machine will set you back around £3k, and if you want to use the powerhead as a chainsaw you will need to buy another exhaust, as they fit a different one to the grinder.

The importer is http://www.equipmentsupply.co.uk/index.htm

i use all stihls at work and a husky at home. had a little trouble with 026 engine blew up had to be replaced. if you still want an echo get to sandringham carving championships sponserd by echo they sell all 60 or 70 chainsaws off at less than half price this includes a carving bar.:001_cool:

I only do general logging work and small trees mostly, however I do get a good few hours done every week so I like to use good saws rather than cheapo ones. I'm shipping my Huskie 350 to my old man and going get myself a new model and fancy giving the Echo a try, possibly the Echo CS4400.

I thought it might be interesting to hear peoples opinions on their preferred brand of Chain Saws.

I personally rate Stihl as the best saws, but think them to be a little pricey so I tend to opt for Husqvarna, however I've been hearing good things about Echo chainsaws recently and I am contemplating going down that route, especially with the 5 year warranty.

Thanks for your time, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hi DR - well twenty years ago I would have said Stihl, but since then I have had loads of bother with them esp' last five years ( German reunification ) just not good enough for the price- Huisq seem to have stayed on the level but got a bit plasticky, try Echo- I had their pruning saw for a while, an it was a little demon, but not as robust as the 020 Stihl- but on ballance-would still buy it again,

K

if you still want an echo get to sandringham carving championships sponserd by echo they sell all 60 or 70 chainsaws off at less than half price this includes a carving bar.:001_cool:

I dont know how accurate my sources are, but I heard recently that Echo have pulled out of sponsoring this event.

• 6 months later...

I've used an Alpine Magnum to grind a 30" hardwood stump out, and it has to be said it did a pretty sterling job; they make a lot of budget handlebar machines look weedy in comparison, and are very portable. Occasionally you can pick em up for under £2K, keep an eye on arb sites / Ebay. Maybe overpriced at £3K plus new though!

Edit...christ, where did that thread go?? The bloke who was asking about Alpine Magnum

Edited by Flarris
Wrong thread / post

Husky all the way, especially for what you are doing, you cant beat a 346xp/357xp, The echo......ummmm well my mrs was thinking of getting one to dry her hair!!:wave:

Obviously from a husky fan!

Avoid the CS4400 and go for a CS-510 - seems to be Echos best yet. If in the market now go to http://www.mst-pis.co.uk/mst.htm.

Speak to Darryl at Ivybridge and he'll mail you one for atleast 35% off. Just got a Dolmar 7901 off them for £400 !