How did you spend your bank holiday monday

mpb

I was having a nice relaxing morning welding my mates land rover, when the phone rang. It was my mate I subbie for, saying there was an ash tree blocking part of road.

I chucked my gear in the defender & met him on site. We cleared the road & were discussing what we were doing next when there was a load crack. We watched a large beech bow (20" dia) brake off the trunk & fall in slow motion of the 20 foot cliff it was on & totally block the road, which we'd driven up 10 minutes before.

We ended up with the police closing the road for us, while we spent the rest of the day making safe & clearing the road.

It was a Scout Campsite we were working for, they have lost about 10 trees this weekend in the wind. We've still got to go back & clear 3 for them off camping fields.

so how did you spend your bank holiday?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spent a couple of hours cleaning out the 90 and then went to see my bro who was doing a living history day (he does war of the roses 15th C) at Gainsborough old hall.... nice avenue of Mulberries there... been on here a bit, and planted 10 tomato plants, walked the dog, collected the eggs from my hens, checked over the allotment, back on arbtalk, just gonna crack a bottle of abbot ale.... thats about it really!

Spent all day collecting signatures and getting forms filled in by referees for the old firearms cert.

All day to get two signatures and two letters of consent.

Then spent three hours filling in the new Kirklees TPO planning consent applications.

3 copies of 4 page application

3 copies of map showing location of trees

3 copies of detailed description of works to be carried out

Absolutely rediculous and a waste of good paper.

:banghead:been spending the weekend wondering what the hell im doing playing in trees, don't get me wrong love the job but i'm working for a company with "issues" only been in the arb industry short time and starting to feel the im being used rather than trained as was the original job spec.

Sorry to winge is good to get in out though :cussing:

Paperwork, e-mithers answered, priced up two small jobs lunch whilst driving to mates house clearance, picked up some bits from him for a project and sorted a date for some firewood extraction. Home for tea with the kids, chatted with the farmer next door as the kids played with his pet lambs and finished by planting out some alder in a wet corner for the farmer. Not quite a high adrenaline day but nice all the same.