How do you climb?

mikedrums69

most of the time i use a 10m rope. type??? orange new england maybe?

anyone else climb on a short line?

obviously if a tree is more then 15m then i use a 50m spearmint xtc.

but i find the manoeuvrability of the short line a joy & stops it dangling on a road or line (power/railway) or getting chipped by the numpties on the ground. when using the short line i use a prusik because its reversible and saves pulling the line through on reanchoring.

95% of the time i use my 5m flip line on my d's. have a soft strop but it only comes out for low% reductions where there's a lot of swift silky work.

On most trees using a long rope i use a blakes unless there's a lot of passage in the tree when i move onto the hitch climber and knut.

up a sequioa last week to dead wood it. was using the short line as a strop and flipping it higher on each side.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 20m rope that does most jobs (Marlow Gecko) with LockJack Sport - the business!

Have a 45m Yale XTC for big trees.

Always use a 3m steelcore flipline with a Ropeman cam whether on spikes or not.

Nearly always have a Petzl Pantin cam on my right foot also. Makes climbing a lot less strenuous.

Currently climbing in a Dragonfly - with extra DMM anchor ring on the front anchor strap, find it very handy to have the extra attachment point. Looking to switch to a TreeFlex soon.

Usually keep a few extra bits & bobs on my harness: DMM Revolver, Ocean Poly 8mm e2e prussic, Hitchclimber, Jane strop. All that stuff really gets in the way, but if the Treevolution boys wear it, so will I. LOL