Santander

LancsMike

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly True :lol:

To be honest, I try to judge people by how they act/behave towards me and others. I've come accross folks with tiny houses but extremely generous and warm spirited, whereas a job a couple of weeks back working for a fairly well to do Lady was the most miserable, miserly type I've encountered yet. Peeing it down with rain like a monsoon, high winds freezing my goolies off and she stood smiling at us with a warm cup of tea in her nice warm lounge with bay windows... seething with anger would be an understatement :sneaky2:

But on that same note, have worked for some extremely wealthy people who are the most down to earth and friendly types you could wish to work for and chat to.. so it's a mixed bag in my own experience.

Mate- they are all jumped up scum who have mistaken wealth with class, and are little more than gold-digging pricks. They are perfectly uited to the dishonest selfish world of greed that is the modern financial world, where money has mistalkenly become a commodity in its own right, and the creation of personal wealth the goal to the detriment of society in general.

They arent worth the stress mate. Pity them as they will rot in hell for eternity for their wrongdoings.

Eloquently put sir!:biggrin:

I agree!

Fairly True :lol:

To be honest, I try to judge people by how they act/behave towards me and others. I've come accross folks with tiny houses but extremely generous and warm spirited, whereas a job a couple of weeks back working for a fairly well to do Lady was the most miserable, miserly type I've encountered yet. Peeing it down with rain like a monsoon, high winds freezing my goolies off and she stood smiling at us with a warm cup of tea in her nice warm lounge with bay windows... seething with anger would be an understatement :sneaky2:

But on that same note, have worked for some extremely wealthy people who are the most down to earth and friendly types you could wish to work for and chat to.. so it's a mixed bag in my own experience.

many a moon ago i was an apprentice brickie. working at this guys house when a smart guy (suit, rolex the works) comes walking round the side, offers to mix up some more compo while i take a few bucket loads up to the plasterers. fair play to the guy, he did a preety good job (and was a really nice guy to talk to)............found out later he was SIR ALFRED McALPINE.

as for the banks, i always wear my work clothes, once had a snotty little cow try treating me like crap so i just shouted out that i want to see the manager......NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if they didnt want my bloody money then i want it all back NOW and would take my business else where.

oddly enough i have never had a problem in there since ( i had also just had a couple of very good months so the bank balance was very healthy)

only just read this thread, was thinking a santander was a lizard haha, i hate going into banks, supermarkets or even the town centre because you are expected to follow the dress code.. was in scotland a couple of months ago shopping for whiskey with my bro, we had just raced the dogs down the hill in 3ft snow and was a right state, the first whiskey shop suggested we went to the supermarket, then we found a decent shop and my bro spent £350 on a bottle with excellent service.. we did consider snowballing the guy in the first shop:thumbup:

Here's a simple fact

My Santander Individual Savings Account (ISA) Statement

Balance brought forward March 2009 £12,689.51

Interest £12.69

Balance at Close March 2010 £12702.20

Yes, that is correct, an interest rate of 0.001% on their flagship savings account. Has anyone seen this number plastered all over their shop window?

It is all headline rates to attract new money but once it is in the coffers and your back is turned... and then they wonder why Joe public is baying for their blood. Scum.

As they don't put the rate on the statement you have to work it out for yourself so if anyone else has a Santander ISA over one year old they should check the rate and really kick off if they find a similar stunt has been pulled.

I've been with Alliance & Leicester for donkeys years and recently they were taken over by Santander, anyhow today I went through a loan application for a new truck to the tune of £10,000 at an advertised rate of 8.9% typical apr, the loan was accepted but at their rate of 16% apr. I have an impeccable credit rating so where on earth they get 16% from I'll never know.

Needless to say I told em to shove it up their backsides and I'll be changing banks in the near future.