It not all ropes and harness

Dean Lofthouse

Heres the job we did today with Betsie the mower in the foreground. I have a grass cutting contract with Coors Brewery and do their Tree work also.

Theres about 3/4 of an acre of 45 degree banking and another 1 acre of flat grass roughly.

I got the grass cutting contract because they asked me to price some tree work which involved topping some perfectly healthy mature trees, which I refused to do and explained why. They were very impressed that I was willing to turn a big job down because it wasn't right (because a neighbour couldn't get a good sat signal). As a result have worked for them for 5 years now and had work valued at around £40K.

Good how things turn out sometimes. :icon14:

Do any of you lot have things you do on the side (non tree work) and what is it?

How did you end up doing it?

5976535268f57_luke002.jpg.e2062c7c78f19099c4c1042dea3259c1.jpg

5976535265eb7_luke003.jpg.bc41d565abb0ac77bb44a68d11baf154.jpg

59765352617ec_luke001.jpg.0a265b769c3dbd02b3b923c6be499376.jpg

How many times a year do you have to cut that?

Works out about 16 times Ficus, then there's about 4 days keeping hedges and weed control.

About 20 days in total.

Nick, mower is a 30" cylinder mower, which climbs that 45 degree banking to get to the field on top, I'm impressed with it :icon14:

we use one of these at work to mow flood banks

http://www.aebi.com/fileadmin/media/pdf/Prospekte/Englisch/07_Einachser/CC66_NLW_e_06.03.pdf

Absolutely brilliant bits of kit will mow very steep banks with ease and you can angle the handle bars down or up hill to make it more comfortable to use. We have 48" flail mowers on ours. downside is they are not cheap!