It not all ropes and harness

Dean Lofthouse

I do a bit of grass myself steep bank mowing 6 year contract 5 visits a year, Kwaka 30cc and 48cc strimmer, weed control and trees..

We also do a bit of tractor mounted flail mowing, but with farmers charging £10 an acre we ain't getting that much!

I've just bought a wessex pto finishing mower, and pto rotovator and an Atco Royale 30 inch cut from a sale, i'll either sell the lot of put em to work..

I'm well chuffed with the Atco Royale, she cost me £100, 2003 model, shes like brand new, they retail new at this http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/Products/Atco-cylinder-mowers/Atco-Royale-GB.asp

Wow Burrell, I bet that is a pain in the backside to do.

Cracking garden though, I'd be bothered I might get it wrong or slip with the trimmers, doesn't bear thinking about :)

it ent to bad we do this job once a year we still got more to do. my dads had the job for years as he planted all the box spirrals, etc up

Burrell, what absolutely wonderful pictures of a beautiful garden. Thank you for posting them. It is easy to forget the aesthetic side of arboriculture/horticulture sometimes in the focus on dramatic take downs.

Thank you.

Sylvia

When i worked for a grounds maintance company we did alot of grass cutting for different schools for the councils. Also we did the strimming, hedge cutting and weed spraying. Most of our contracts were ok but some were a pain in the back side to do.

We also did the sports field line marking which including full size Running tracks, football and rugby, cricket, rounders. Measuring lines for shot put and javalin and some tennis and netball, basketball courts on outdoor hard surfaces

It was all good fun and the things me and my supervisor use to get up to was crazy