Wage question

gibbon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are getting their CS 30&31 38&39 and 13k a year and only working a 38 hour week then I would be VERY happy to be in their position:thumbup1:

:dito:

less than 10k definately. and 10 is still a very decent wage for someone with no tickets whatsoever

Matt why not have people in for a weeks trial with a review and agreed wage for the right candidate at the end of the week ?? i dont think its easy to fix a wage for a job position however its more than reasonable to arrang a wage for a guy depending on how a weeks trial turns out , when it comes to groundies i feel some people have what it takes and some dont .

Age plays a big part too, a young guy in his teens simply hasnt the overheads of a guy in his mid twenties with a kid/s to feed.

The motivational incentives need to be different for different folks, maintaining drive and enthusiasm should be a consideration if you want the best from your staff.

I'll be looking for someone who's got an NC or similar and already has upto cs 39.

The last trainee we took on started on £11500 3years ago and had just CS30he's still with us and is pretty good now

Not looking for anyone who wants to just come in and climb before they learn how we are used to working. From past experience, I found that some college leavers think they are more experienced than they are and have trouble following instructions that may differ from what they learn at college. I know the sort of person I need just need to find whats a fair wage.

Not interested in employing anyone under 19/20. If they're older but doing the same job then why should they get more? Its not my job to manage their finances after they've been paid.

Am I being realistic and is would £12k be a reasonable start, possibly to be reviewed in 3 months?

" maintaining drive and enthusiasm should be a consideration if you want the best from your staff. " My staff are happy enough thanks (except my wife in the office who's always grumbling)

I employ a 19 year old who has 30/31/32/34/38/39. he has 1 years experience. i pay him £6.75 PH and paid hol. i also provide all equipment and ppe except a ground saw, i make him use his own and this way he looks after it. I employ him on a 0 hours contract so if the work dries up due to weather/ recession etc i dont have to keep paying him. he got his tickets through a local training scheme, he is good on the ground and is getting better at climbing but his work ethic is that of a 19 year old, always on the phone or smoking when my back is turned. I really have to keep my eye on him but when he gets his head down he is a good lad.

I employ a 19 year old who has 30/31/32/34/38/39. he has 1 years experience. i pay him £6.75 PH and paid hol. i also provide all equipment and ppe except a ground saw, i make him use his own and this way he looks after it. I employ him on a 0 hours contract so if the work dries up due to weather/ recession etc i dont have to keep paying him. he got his tickets through a local training scheme, he is good on the ground and is getting better at climbing but his work ethic is that of a 19 year old, always on the phone or smoking when my back is turned. I really have to keep my eye on him but when he gets his head down he is a good lad.

not all young people have that work ethic, im 20 and i hate people smoking, being on the phone, and generally fafing about