Average 'working' hours.

Mesterh

Number of hours 'actually' grafting.  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Number of hours 'actually' grafting.

• less than 5
    • About 5
    • About 5 1/2
    • About 6
    • About 6 1/2
    • About 7
    • About 7 1/2
    • about 8
    • About 9
    • I'm a machine I work in days not hours.

on average about 5-6 hours sweating, we start at 8, finish about 4.30, 20 mins at 10.30, and an hour for lunch, our firm is run to a routine, rigid routine, and its the only firm ive ever known to be so rigidly routine orientated, I dont know how it works out but it does!

And I dont really ever wanna do 8pm finishes again, ive been there done that and ive no interest in doing it ever again, it aint worth it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, starting the earlier the better and getting home in time to enjoy your life is my preference.

I'll see you at seven on Friday then, that way we can get finished for five instead of six.......:001_tt2:

Seriously though Rich, if you want to start earlier than usual it makes no difference to me mate.

Hats off to anyone doing 8 hours or more hard graft every day:thumbup1:

Ive done 12 hour days on the street trees, with 9-10 of those hours flat out, but I do not reccomend it, and its physicaly unsustainable.

Ive worked 7 day weeks for up to 3 months at a time, but again, too much off this adds to your wear and tear.

Like heartbeats, the body can only do so much of one thing, when your young and fit as a flea, aches and pains all seem a million miles away.

I think the secret to longevity in this game is pacing oneself, in all things there must be balance, if you spend all day in a harness and using a saw at full reach doing tip reductions, youll wear out joints that are used for those specific excersices.

I learned to leave when the work bias ended up seeing me doing one thing too often, it isnt good for your body, and I think thats an under realised facet on your health at work.

I usually make a noise about 10am, i stop every 2 hours for food of some kind. Either peaces or cafe. Sometimes it's a 15 min break but mostly about 40 mins an hour for lunch. I aim to be back at the yard for about 4 ish and then home about 5ish. It all depends tbh. I spend a lot of time looking at work and getting stuff for work to make life easier and to save doing it in money making time. This week i am off friday and next week and i was off most of last week.

I usually make a noise about 10am, i stop every 2 hours for food of some kind. Either peaces or cafe. Sometimes it's a 15 min break but mostly about 40 mins an hour for lunch. I aim to be back at the yard for about 4 ish and then home about 5ish. It all depends tbh. I spend a lot of time looking at work and getting stuff for work to make life easier and to save doing it in money making time. This week i am off friday and next week and i was off most of last week.

how do you make a living stevie if you have alot of time off/ look at work etc ? do you have lads on for you?.

At my house at 7.45, load up, get to job by 8.30 then work till 10 ish then 20 min brew, work till 12.30, lunch for 30/45 mins then work till 3-3.30 10 min brew and work till 4.45.

if we finish early we go and do wood at the yard.