Chainsaw trousers - fat legs?

bolthole

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pair of Type C Husqvarna Technical Trousers... trouble is, although the waist size was fine I couldn't pull them all the way up as the legs of the trousers were just too narrow.

I'm quite a big lad (six foot and 18-ish stone) and although I'm obviously no skinny rake am not a fat knacker either. Just big.

Has anyone else had the same problem... I tried a couple of different sizes (as in XL and XXL) but the legs were just too narrow. Even if I could have pulled them all the way up I'd have struggled to either raise my legs or bend my knees. Obviously not at all what's needed for climbing...

Can anyone recommend a make of class c trousers that might suit my... erm... apparently fat legs?... I'm just about to book CS38 and work away (outside the UK) so shopping around is difficult. Am relying on Internet shopping to get hold of my kit...

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the issue here is the fact that he cant get the trousers past his thighs, so I think that with the extra all around protection adding material bulk. If he were to try a pair of Type As there would be less bulk to hinder the pull-up-ability of the trousers, and surely some protection would be deemed safer than none?

Well there is still the same amount of blocking material between the outer shell and the lining, it could be argued that since the blocking material is compressed it will be dragged into the clutch in greater quantities and therefore work more effectively.

But if the material is stretched so flat that a tooth passes right through it before it is dragged in to the clutch, you could receive a serious laceration before the chain stops.