Scars

Jason James Gairn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen them used a few times but only in theater. You carry such things? Are you medically trained?

I have enough training to use these! If the situation dictated it its either bleed to death or possibly damage a nerve and survive!

You could use a new style tournique but it would take up too much room and snag on everthing :scared: Good bit of kit though!

I have enough training to use these! If the situation dictated it its either bleed to death or possibly damage a nerve and survive!

You could use a new style tournique but it would take up too much room and snag on everthing :scared: Good bit of kit though!

Wish you were part of my crew. North essex?

Split my thumb down its length on a circular saw. It's now about a centimetre shorter, with no mid knuckle and no tendon to pull the pull the tip up. Scarred from the bottom of my palm, up the digit then down t'other side. Had six inches of stainless rod inserted to keep the bits together while they stuck. Hand looked like a pie crust for a while and the knuckle was a skinless sore for a month. Eight weeks off (self employed and not insured) then light duties for another month. Did that in '83 and it is still painful if banged and I cannot eat a chicken drumstick anymore.

Gents, try googling 'combat application tourniquet'. I've got one of these in my crew first aid kit (hope I never need it - touches wood!). You can put it one one handed if you need to.

Gents, try googling 'combat application tourniquet'. I've got one of these in my crew first aid kit (hope I never need it - touches wood!). You can put it one one handed if you need to.

You can also use a narrow climbing sling / tape, which almost everyone will have, just use a small stick to twist it round to apply as little or as must tension as you need.