Should I be a tutor/trainer?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So general consensus is dont go into training/teaching!

So whilst im writing this book (Maybe several years in the making) what job SHOULD I be looking for?

Bearing in mind i am looking for a new path

Get a Saturday job in a supermarket or MacDonald's or some other mind blowingly boring job, where you are working with people with an IQ in single figures. Who's only topics of conversation are

1) What they will do when they win the lottery.

2) Where they are going on their holiday.

3) What happened in last night soap.

After working there for about half an hour, your current position will feel like heaven.

Before I got into tree work I did 9 months in a factory, working with such people, I'm so glad I did.

If I'm climbing a Hawthorn in the pouring rain, with the water running down the back of my neck and thorns cutting me to ribbons, I just think back to those days. I suddenly feel very blessed :001_smile:

I think you would make a great teacher and in many ways you have already started to do so on hear there is not one other person i would come to for advice on fungi or trees .You have inspired me the most important thing about being a teacher is being liked and you have this quality .

So general consensus is dont go into training/teaching!

So whilst im writing this book (Maybe several years in the making) what job SHOULD I be looking for?

Bearing in mind i am looking for a new path

Naked mud wrestler? Failing that, Sheffield is advertising for a woodland manager that mite be your cup of tea (if you don't mind relocating).

Professional Whistler, Crocodile Wrangler, Chimney sweep perhaps :lol:.

Cant whistle to save my life, but crocodile wrestling..... mmmm i can do that!

Get a Saturday job in a supermarket or MacDonald's or some other mind blowingly boring job, where you are working with people with an IQ in single figures. Who's only topics of conversation are

1) What they will do when they win the lottery.

2) Where they are going on their holiday.

3) What happened in last night soap.

After working there for about half an hour, your current position will feel like heaven.

Before I got into tree work I did 9 months in a factory, working with such people, I'm so glad I did.

If I'm climbing a Hawthorn in the pouring rain, with the water running down the back of my neck and thorns cutting me to ribbons, I just think back to those days. I suddenly feel very blessed :001_smile:

Puts it into perspective

I feel exactly the same:thumbup:

theres worse ways to earn a crust

I think you would make a great teacher and in many ways you have already started to do so on hear there is not one other person i would come to for advice on fungi or trees .You have inspired me the most important thing about being a teacher is being liked and you have this quality .

:blushing: Thanks, but dont over inflate it! ive got mucho learning still, and always, its a life long proscess.

Naked mud wrestler? Failing that, Sheffield is advertising for a woodland manager that mite be your cup of tea (if you don't mind relocating).

thanks janey, got any details?

I am quiet enjoying a bit of survey work part time at the mo, when ive got myself a few tools I may just go it alone and see where the consulting/surveying lark goes.