Civil unrest,FUEL COSTS,

steve the tree

most of the cost of fuel is TAX thus hitting the oil companies is not the way, it needs to be the government that gets hit, as oil gets more expensive then fuel has to go up but at the same time it goes up the tax should go down so the government get a fixed pence per L rather than a % per L, so in essence the tax portion of fuel dose not rise as oil price rises thus pump prices. (other than the VAT eliment of the tax)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this here (so not my own words)

http://www.petrolprices.com/fuel-tax.html

Fuel tax in the UK is constantly changing and has risen steadily over the last 15 years. Between 1993 and 1999 there was a rapid increase with duties on fuel increasing by 3% above inflation. This was due to a major change in petrol taxation in 1993 when the Conservatives introduced the Fuel Price 'escalator'. This was a way of the government making money and also to help protect the environment by discouraging people from using their cars.

Where does the sweet Fiat panda 4x4 fit into the 4x4 equation I wonder?

Show me where to park.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4341&stc=1&d=1211597103

I'd love to go to sainsbugs in that!

MB, Over here we measure the size of ones penis by how flash the car is.

The more expensive / large / fast the car is the smaller the mans tool. In other words, what we lack downstairs we make up for in car.

This is not intended to be offensive MB, but going by that rule of thumb, your penis must be inverted.

I would quite happily live with a small tool if I could own that car !!!

Absolutely stunning wheels MB:icon14:

Hi all,

just to introdue myself I have a small company in Essex, I a always looking to reduce costs and it may be of interest to you that you can produce your own bio diesel very cheaply.

The company is called Golden Ray and is based in High wycombe, they will sell you a machine for about £900 which converts old veg oil to bio diesel, it takes about 3 hours work to produce 50 litres I just set the mahine running at night after a days work and then all you have to do is remove the residue, wash the oil and put it in the truck, the costs work out to 15pence per litre plus my time....

I would rather do that than give extra money to Gordon!!

If you want any more details look on ebay

pat