Schliesing 200MX How much £

Paul Smith

Hey DeerMan, I've a bigger machine which is half that age, for only a tad more. Whilst I agree that Schliesing are a decent chipper, I fail to see what it is about them that command that premium price. They do everything that most other chippers do, but where is the extra money going. They rust the same as others, they occasionally break down - same as every thing else, they chip brash same as most other chippers, they are made of the same materials as other machines but they have nothing more than most other makes yet seem to be significantly dearer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree that Schliesing are a decent chipper, I fail to see what it is about them that command that premium price. They do everything that most other chippers do, but where is the extra money going. They rust the same as others, they occasionally break down - same as every thing else, they chip brash same as most other chippers, they are made of the same materials as other machines but they have nothing more than most other makes yet seem to be significantly dearer.

Have you used one for any period of time Pete??

They are just so much better.

I've used a lot of chippers and Schliesing are head and shoulders above the rest.

I don't know why and I guess the other manufactures don't know why either or they would copy what ever "it" is.

Hey DeerMan, I've a bigger machine which is half that age, for only a tad more. Whilst I agree that Schliesing are a decent chipper, I fail to see what it is about them that command that premium price. They do everything that most other chippers do, but where is the extra money going. They rust the same as others, they occasionally break down - same as every thing else, they chip brash same as most other chippers, they are made of the same materials as other machines but they have nothing more than most other makes yet seem to be significantly dearer.

Pete, I don't want a bigger machine, I have a bandit 90XP which eats wood!:001_tt2:

A tw 190 knock the spots off the schlie more power bigger infeed cheaper price parts also easy to get hold of. Buy a schlie and your get screwed everytime to euro rockets which it shall do. I used a few schlies yes very good break down the same as a tw more expensive to repair.

They good but not worth the money your paying for shipping fees middle men dealers adding their price on top the machines prob cost 15 in germany but add all the fees from getting it from there to hear thats why there expensive. They have a few better designs then a tw but apples for apples a tw is money better spent imo

A tw 190 knock the spots off the schlie more power bigger infeed cheaper price parts also easy to get hold of. Buy a schlie and your get screwed everytime to euro rockets which it shall do. I used a few schlies yes very good break down the same as a tw more expensive to repair.

They good but not worth the money your paying for shipping fees middle men dealers adding their price on top the machines prob cost 15 in germany but add all the fees from getting it from there to hear thats why there expensive. They have a few better designs then a tw but apples for apples a tw is money better spent imo

i have a u660 and a mx440 tow behind chipper both schlie. the past 2 weeks have been using nothing but a tw 190 and im sorry but it is the ultimate pants

We have the Schliesing 200ZX pto version and it's an excellent machine. We paid £6k plus VAT for a demonstrator machine and run it behind a 35HP Kubota.

Price for your one - it's got to be worth around £5k if its running good. Check the feed rollers - see if you can test them under heavy load ie trying to drag in something big and/or slippery.

Get a good look over the fly wheel, check the carriers haven't ever been re-welded or that they're not cracked and the obvious bearings checks.

It is a fair amount of work it's done so it not a new machine, but they do have a lot of steel in them. With those hours on it, it's bound to have had a few mishaps in its life - just as long as they've been resolved.

And the engine - you'll know yourself when you start it from cold and put it under load when going - again 1500hrs if it's been working a very dusty conditions under heavy load and it could be running out of hp.

they chip brash same as most other chippers.

I was agreeing with your post up until this part, the truth is Schliesing chippers out chip anything on the market that I've used, the power of the rollers makes them a cut above the rest, crunching up those forks, is where its at!