300tdi wot, another engine

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck wit the swap! Your right leaving oil on drives is unprofesional. I think if and when mine needs a rebuild I'll out it for the 300TDI Brazilian the 2.8TGV!

I was so close to putting one of those in Matt, nice motor, If id have known this would happen, I wouldn't hav hesitated. It might be expensive but it adds the value on the resale value.

http://www.prinsmaasdijk.nl/landroverengine/bodyhs28.html

I was so close to putting one of those in Matt, nice motor, If id have known this would happen, I wouldn't hav hesitated. It might be expensive but it adds the value on the resale value.

http://www.prinsmaasdijk.nl/landroverengine/bodyhs28.html

if either of you are putting a tgv in, better give dave ashcroft a ring too while you're at it. brilliant engine, but theres not many driveline components on a land rover that it wont eat, including gearboxes :(

You guys should run forestry machines. We leave little piddles everywhere. I've seen a saw motor hose go on a harvester, 90 litres of oil blown out in a few seconds.

Good job we dont work on drives:D

Ah, but it's only to be expected of you hairy arsed braces wearing forester types :wave:

Ah, but it's only to be expected of you hairy arsed braces wearing forester types :wave:

:icon14: Can't go letting the side down now can we.

I once had to do the little filter on the bottom of the tank on the County and ended up with a diesel puddle under the tractor - only way I could hide it was to move the tractor and then burn the puddle :scared:

if either of you are putting a tgv in, better give dave ashcroft a ring too while you're at it. brilliant engine, but theres not many driveline components on a land rover that it wont eat, including gearboxes :(

I can only ever dream of it really Jim! that and a nice galv chassis for it to sit in!

:icon14: Can't go letting the side down now can we.

I once had to do the little filter on the bottom of the tank on the County and ended up with a diesel puddle under the tractor - only way I could hide it was to move the tractor and then burn the puddle :scared:

Ho Ho ! I've had that an odd time.

Years ago the old major with the cooks winch conked out on a council site and I had to drop nearly a full tank to get to get the filter cleaned out and get going. I got soaked and had to change into some spare jeans. I wasn't doing any cutting as I was winch man but I had a saw just to tidy up any tits and bits off the underside of the logs so they pulled out and stacked tidy.

I had probably started the saw three times in the morning for like 10 seconds a go and would you believe it just as I was doing one a council clipboard operator happened by - the one time all week - and asked why I hadn't the correct PPE!

I told him it was at home on wash cycle number three trying to get the diesel out but It didnt 'wash' with him and the boss got a letter!