Rigging technique ??

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want your pully to stay in the same place, attach a prussic to the rope on each side of the pully. By the time you get to the crusial pieces lower down, you will have worked out where the pully needs to be.

What ever you do will involve a high degree of faffing, good luck and may the force be with you.

i can't wait to here of this disaster by Captain Calamitty. lol. just get up it and cut bits off and go home simples. if it is a small as i think it is, get one of those skip filling tube things and attach it to the tree and just chuck everything down the shoot. job done mate:thumbup:

there was a demonstration of something similiar at the trade fair on the satday afternoon, it commented highly on the excessive forces that would be exerted on the supporting trees, something that they were very concerned about to, id contact the company that did demo, was more so in reference to rainforest rescue or something,

was pretty cool and to be honest the system they used lends itself completely to this situ, id be using pallets ply board then brash mat it, total coverage and very time consuming, parents will be proud,lol

This is what I meant about a sag in the rope, by letting it sag in the middle it makes the angles reduce and also lateral forces turn more into vertical forces which the stems will stand

I'll give it a go just for the hell of it but I'll set it up with the mewp because of all the faffing about, thats if I can get the mewp close enough

Untitled.jpg.d4f1f667b30c19f62b0b57740faba567.jpg