New lowering rope

Doug Blease

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

educated arborist on this site has given me some great advice on lowering he could tell you what is really good he knows all about breaking strains and loading he would be able to let you know the best place to buy he is also loler uk you can contact him on their i would take his word as gospel

???????????????????

If you had a marlow and a yale you would not choose the marlow

The Yale is a much nicer and supple and stronger

Marlow is cheaper

so depends on your needs really

Bob,

I understand "you gets what you pay for" and I have always had yale lowering rope before.

In all honesty, 99% of my lowering is medium sized bits. Not maxing anything out.

My real bug bear is the amount of rope I have binned in the last few years due to sloppy/undertrained groundworkers getting trigger happy and cutting rope. In fairness, this has been limited freelancing to one company in particular.

I was looking for a reasonably priced rope to see me through a winter of medium sized jobs. The upshot was FR Jones sending me 14mm Yale for a decent price.

So a Marlow review from me will have to wait. Thanks for all the replies.

Bob,

I understand "you gets what you pay for" and I have always had yale lowering rope before.

In all honesty, 99% of my lowering is medium sized bits. Not maxing anything out.

My real bug bear is the amount of rope I have binned in the last few years due to sloppy/undertrained groundworkers getting trigger happy and cutting rope. In fairness, this has been limited freelancing to one company in particular.

I was looking for a reasonably priced rope to see me through a winter of medium sized jobs. The upshot was FR Jones sending me 14mm Yale for a decent price.

So a Marlow review from me will have to wait. Thanks for all the replies.

Nice one

Thanks for the update on final decision

So Did you go Portland on Double esterlon??????????????????

Used my 16mm Portland for the first time this week, and was really happy with it. Very smooth to work with, tensioned up nicely and seemed to have very little stretch for a brand new rope.

Like Doug, I'm a fan of medium size bits! Big chunks take too long to ring up on the ground!:001_tt2:

I dont mind how many new lowering ropes a company like that buys me. :001_smile:

If they didnt then I certainly wouldnt work for them again.