letterbox cut?

MattyF

For sure. Getting failed on an exam because you use a different name for a certain cut is just stupid.

Passed my certs by demonstrating the cuts and calling them by the right name. Now I try to use the right cut for a given circumstance, whatever its 'name'.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i did my assesments 30 31 we where ask to find a tree in this compartment put your gab cut in then the assesor came and found us.

Then i explained what i was going to do to get the tree down and did it, as far as names go if your given the lantra books then i think its fair to know the names as the book states but then if your assesed on your knowledge alone then i would image that the assesor has assumed the operater has high level of skill and failing on names of cuts reflects on the assesor:evilgrin02:

when i did my assesments 30 31 we where ask to find a tree in this compartment put your gab cut in then the assesor came and found us.

Then i explained what i was going to do to get the tree down and did it, as far as names go if your given the lantra books then i think its fair to know the names as the book states but then if your assesed on your knowledge alone then i would image that the assesor has assumed the operater has high level of skill and failing on names of cuts reflects on the assesor:evilgrin02:

he passed.....the point i was trying to make was he didnt know what the hell the letter box cut was by this name and i also had never heard of it either,just panicked when he was told to make the cut as it was bad enough trying to erase 30 years of bad habits and make good for the assesor when he was not shown or told the name of the cut in the basic training....any ways its all gravey now !:151: and he can get his new felling contract from the forrestry comision.