Gutted.

tommer9

Just came in for a cuppa to hear the Policeman that was shot in the face by Raoul Moat talking on Radio 4 about the fact that he will never see again. He said that he was gutted- he had never thought about things like not being able to make a cuppa without being taught, or finding his toothbrush.

The bit that brought a sting to my eye and a bit of a lump (and i am in no way ashamed to admit it) was when he described how he would never see his daughter in her wedding dress.

I think that it is terribe, and my heart bleeds for him and any others that have had similar, awful experiences.

Totally understand, chap. And then in the news earlier this week people who never know Moat were turning up at his funeral to 'mourn' and call him a hero. One single mother of eight was quoted as saying, "I never knew Moat but I loved him.He was a hero" A hero to who exactly? Layabout dole bums with no morals, concience, future or decency.

Dispicable.

Well said that man, im sure every decent hard working man/women feels the same, gladly these inbred benefit scrounging scum are far outnumbered by decent people.

Very sad indeed.

I read about him being blinded in both eyes the other week and thought how terrible that must be.

I'm being serious when i say this but imo anyone who says they think Raoul was a hero really needs some psychiatrict help ,they must have some mental issues!

QUOTE: The bit that brought a sting to my eye and a bit of a lump (and i am in no way ashamed to admit it) was when he described how he would never see his daughter in her wedding dress.

Heart wrenching that.

QUOTE: One single mother of eight was quoted as saying, "I never knew Moat but I loved him.He was a hero"

If a psychotic gunman turned up on her doorstep, shot and killed one her of brats', maimed another and left a third blinded for life, would she consider that individual a "HERO"?

I think not!

Feckless, job shy, benefit scrounging, scumbag, bury me in a Y shaped coffin slappers like her should'nt be allowed to breed! IMO!

Whilst I'm equally sickened by Moats actions & the consequences of them, is this not the same web-site that has running at the moment a thread entitled "would you kill to stop your gear being stolen" ? & has some illuminating replies. I don't think there's a place for any such behaviour. That's not to say I understand the world isn't perfect & will always have it's problems.

Whilst I'm equally sickened by Moats actions & the consequences of them, is this not the same web-site that has running at the moment a thread entitled "would you kill to stop your gear being stolen" ? & has some illuminating replies. I don't think there's a place for any such behaviour. That's not to say I understand the world isn't perfect & will always have it's problems.

Well said.

I also find it distasteful that every time he is mentioned then there are reactions about dole scrounging layabout slappers. I find these comments so negative and ignorant, almost as unfounded as those who call moat a hero. In order to cast aspersions such as those I think that one has to have lived that life. I spent a few years living with the sort of people I have just mentioned, and I have to say that to lump them all together as lazy layabouts is grossly unfair and bigoted. Maybe as a society we should be less judgenmental and look at all of our own lives before laying into those less fortunate than ourselves, most of whom DO NOT choose that way of life. It is a sad indictment of modern society.:thumbdown: