Which one?????

Adam

I think that the problem is trying to get a truck that is god off road, has a good carrying capacity, does not have the turning circle of a 130 , does not depreciate etc etc you end up looking at either a mog or the new iveco , i went down the mog route and have not looked back but thats me and not everyone wants a mog . its certainly a tough one to deide on , im pretty cure western power are using 4x4 merc's of VW's in some areas , maybe they are worth looking into

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mogs ARE very expensive to maintain, that is of course if they are maintained correctly, if they are not then you will get away without a big outlay for a couple of years then WHAM!!!!! You are saddled with a huge bill.

I could not manage with a transit, no good whatsoever for my line of work. With a transit or Iveco

I cannot winch over trees

I cannot drive through woodland

I cannot tow whole trees to where I want them

I cannot tip on the chip pile without getting stuck

I cannot drive up steep lawns round the back of customers houses

I cannot select lowbox to reverse heavy trailers up drives

I cannot select 4WD when required

I cannot get out in the snow to do emergency work

I cannot drive up behind other tree surgeons mates waiting at junctions and slowly shove them out into the road without scratching my bumper :001_smile:

Mogs ARE very expensive to maintain, that is of course if they are maintained correctly, if they are not then you will get away without a big outlay for a couple of years then WHAM!!!!! You are saddled with a huge bill.

I could not manage with a transit, no good whatsoever for my line of work. With a transit or Iveco

I cannot winch over trees

I cannot drive through woodland

I cannot tow whole trees to where I want them

I cannot tip on the chip pile without getting stuck

I cannot drive up steep lawns round the back of customers houses

I cannot select lowbox to reverse heavy trailers up drives

I cannot select 4WD when required

I cannot get out in the snow to do emergency work

I cannot drive up behind other tree surgeons mates waiting at junctions and slowly shove them out into the road without scratching my bumper :001_smile:

sorry Dean i think your statment that mogs are expensive to maintain is not strickly true , it you keep on top of maintaining your mog then the costs are not as bad as you may think , a landrover can be expensive to keep on the road if you do not maintain it . like most things if you can afford to buy a decent landrover or mog then you should be able to maintain one .

Take for instance when i dought my mog , i had a problem with the air compressor caused by the previous owner , i replaced the compressor and replaced the parts that initially caused the aircompressor to break down .

sorry Dean i think your statment that mogs are expensive to maintain is not strickly true , it you keep on top of maintaining your mog then the costs are not as bad as you may think , a landrover can be expensive to keep on the road if you do not maintain it . like most things if you can afford to buy a decent landrover or mog then you should be able to maintain one .

Take for instance when i dought my mog , i had a problem with the air compressor caused by the previous owner , i replaced the compressor and replaced the parts that initially caused the aircompressor to break down .

Time will tell :001_smile:

You should be basing your figure on proper service costs not DIY service costs, over a two to three year period not over a twelve month period.

There's much more to servicing a MOG than changing oil and filters.

I reckon the Landy would have to have less than £1k per year set aside for service repair costs, if I had a Mog I would set aside at the very least double that

Time will tell :001_smile:

You should be basing your figure on proper service costs not DIY service costs, over a two to three year period not over a twelve month period.

There's much more to servicing a MOG than changing oil and filters.

I reckon the Landy would have to have less than £1k per year set aside for service repair costs, if I had a Mog I would set aside at the very least double that

yes dean in dead , i think your costings are on the cheep side , the point you miss is that you have to understand just how much more you can earn with a mog in comparison to a landy or transit , as for there being much more to servicing a mog than changing the oil and filters i would be inclined to say that that was quite obvious, i took plenty of time looking into the pro's and con's of having a mog, landy or transit and the mog came out on top - that is after discussing a the maintainence side of things with western powers fleet maintainence department .

I thnk the 130 is 3.5 ton gross isnt it?

and a maximum of a legal 1.4 tonne payload . . .so it tows more, carrys more . . .

although im biased as im selling a 130 tipper:sneaky2: cheers mozz btw:thumbup:

ive used transits, smiley faced and meliminum edition ones, i wouldnt touch the latter, but i would consider the older smiley faced ones. ive also used ldv's, the ldv has the same turning circle as the 130, but is much wider, my landys tip bed is a cut down transit one, about a foot narrower and shorter

if you want to drive on customers lawns or even level playing fields after a nights rain, landy is the only option, and just think, if youve already got a landy how cool it would look to have 2 ´with identical sign writing sitting side by side at the yard, on jobs ect . . .:001_smile: