Which one?????

Adam

Hi all, i know this question comes up again and again,

BUT...... out of these vehicles which would you reccomend the best for tree surgery,

Landrover 130 tipper

Iveco daily tipper

Ford transit tipper.

i know the landy is slightly smaller than the 2 3.5 tonners . But the 4wd would be a good addition and as i have a landrover already i know what im getting.

however the transit seems to be king among the smaller vans/tippers and i have never used one . so anyone with one pros and cons would be great.

and the iveco i belive is very simmilar to the transit.

as for budget , it will have anything up to around £8000.00

Thanks for you help.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have used all three and to be honest of you allready have a landy i would be more inclined to go for the transit , the reason for having a transit is that you get more ground clearence , we were using a 56 plate iveco and took the exaust off of it from the turbo back and trust me it cost a shed load to put right , also the 130 will have the turning circle of an old london bus !! . i guess tho at the end of the day it depends on what work your doing ,we do alot of council work and work for western power so for us a 4x4 tipper and a mog is just what we need and a transit or equivelant would not really be of any use other than on the traffic management side of things .

We've got a transit and i personally wouldn't get another one unless it was a brand new big engined one. It must of cost about £3.5k in repairs since christmas the worst of which was a diff tearing itself apart. I'd swap it if I could, its an 05 reg which was just over 2 years old when we got it and its on its a** to be honest. It just can't take the constant towing and always being over weight.

We've got a transit and i personally wouldn't get another one unless it was a brand new big engined one. It must of cost about £3.5k in repairs since christmas the worst of which was a diff tearing itself apart. I'd swap it if I could, its an 05 reg which was just over 2 years old when we got it and its on its a** to be honest. It just can't take the constant towing and always being over weight.

To be fair tho Chris, How heavy is your chipper again?? :laugh1:

without being funny , i dont think that the ivec is much better , after the exaust problem we had a to have a new gearbox shorly followed by brake issues , if you its only you thats going to drive the truck then why not go for the 5.5 ton iveco ( if your liscence entitles you to drive them ) they are no bigger than the 3.5 ton truck . my only thought would be that if a transit has cost 3.5 k in repars then the iveco will cost 4.5k