leaflet drop

andrew t

Got thousands of pounds of work from leaflet drops from some I put out last year. If you are going to do it make sure they are top quality and have a land line on it.

Landline is a deffo but even the travelers have nice shiney pro leflets now, saw one the other day, usual crap, full insured and listed the services as "Lopping and Topping " amongs others, woman said oh and he was irish!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the way the Travelers get there work, thats why i WILL NOT do it. to me its almost like begging for work but each to there own.

in that case no one should drive a transit if they do tree work,,,,, you know, seeing as THAT'S how travellers get their work......:vroam:

Like i said, each to there own but something i will never do.

:dito:

Its getting more frowned upon around here, but as Iain says, some folk do get work from it.

IMO, there are many other ways of getting work without flying, such as local press, local village mags, yellow pages, letters to parish councils, churches, even simply having a friendly word with the local maintenance/gardening and landscaper types.

Flying is seen as a fly be night way of getting work around here.

Please note, my origional comments are towards rogue traders, not travellers. There is a difference.

I get mine of vista print Very pro and i even were tops saying my logo and name and company name on it and all numbers and website I ant no pikey. The main thing i will only do work of what i can do I do everything apart from felling the tree i will just get one of my mates in to fell the tree who has been doing it for ages and more experience in doing it then me.

Nearly all other tree surgeons do leaflet drops round here as well

I tend to flyer a street when we've done a job there, having said that I've been quite lazy recently. I need to get out there again, domestic stuff is som much better for cashflow!!

Where I tip the bloke says the travellers are in everyday, they must be doing something right if they are all working and we're not??

R

Leaflet drops will generate work, but they will also put certain potential customers off.

Those customers, and you can call them snobby if you like, may well be the richer ones with more tree work!

It's a good short term fix if you have no work, but I think you could be damaging your credibility and reputation in the long run.

I never use any services that introduce themselves with flyers through my door.

Mind you, I am dead posh and snobby.:001_tt2:

"Those customers, and you can call them snobby if you like, may well be the richer ones with more tree work!"

the first door i dropped a leaflet through has given me over £5k of work in the last 4 months.....i'd like to meet these "rich" ones...

Leaflet drops will generate work, but they will also put certain potential customers off.

Those customers, and you can call them snobby if you like, may well be the richer ones with more tree work!

It's a good short term fix if you have no work, but I think you could be damaging your credibility and reputation in the long run.

I never use any services that introduce themselves with flyers through my door.

Mind you, I am dead posh and snobby.:001_tt2:

Read the small print Ady!

One of my biggest ever jobs came from a (very poor) £15 ad in a Parish magazine. More luck and good timing than great business sense.

Leaving a few good quality flyers or business cards with each customer (to hand to neighbours, friends and family) is a better way forward IMO.