Tachyon/cord combo

Steve Bullman

just a heads up. Been playing around with this rope with different cords. Yesterday I put on a brand new piece of Roblon, at the end of today i inspected the cord and found HEAVY wear to the point i could pull the core out. I havent been doing any fast descents so im putting it down to the combination of the 2 cords. Roblon is pretty hard wearing stuff ive found in the past. It does run very nicely on the tachyon however so if you are going to use it just monitor it slightly more regularly than you'd think.

tomorrow i'll be trying it with the liros.

Steve I tried the Ryblon the other day the outer sheath does seem to wear quite quickly I put it down to the fine strands that make up the outer sheath. Have you tried the new Yale Silver Streak on it yet? We tried the Liros at the east of england and from new couldn't get it to grip that well in a VT formation, just too stiff from new. Swapped it over for some Silver Streak and worked first time. Keen to know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...