New paint job

RobRainford

Just came in from putting mine and my dads old saw back together, cleaned them up well and gave the exhausts a little opening up and a lick of paint, the 039 needs redoing, muppet here decided to put laquer on it, forgot about the heat properties, melted it all and now its covered in bits of wood. :blushing:

IM thinking of starting up doing chainsaw servicing for local people, get some ads out, what do you think i should charge for:

1 saw clean and sharpen

1 saw clean and sharpen more than one chain

more than one saw? im thinking of charging by the hour?

IMG_3238.jpg.92da7b53cc4713e8e5c6d0679d5e8c26.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg.f3a4a6b1c29506893b936c3446a97d8e.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg.c42f733423bb3b5b353e6948ac0c3ac5.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the B+Q brigade but not Arbs. I just use a compressor on them. 20 mins cleans and strips them back to the clutch, file the bar and chain and back on. If you could do the carb properly and set it properly you might get a few quid, good luck anyway.:001_smile:

I like your kind of thinking outside the box to get some money in but i doubt many people will pay to have a saw cleaned and sharpened when they can do it themselves in 5 minutes.

i would tend to agree except i was in a dealers shop when council workers came in for 2 new chains . the assistant tried to sell them files but the guy said he coulndt be arsed .he was cutting out no more than 50 meters of roadside hedge

maybe the B+Q brigade but not Arbs. I just use a compressor on them. 20 mins cleans and strips them back to the clutch, file the bar and chain and back on. If you could do the carb properly and set it properly you might get a few quid, good luck anyway.:001_smile:

I had that in mind, people who are qualified for the saws will do it themselves and if anything goes wrong they will go to their dealer. Im still earning carb and engine stuff as im teaching myself, looking to even buy old saws from ebay, tidy them up and sell them on and hopefully make a few quid on it.

ive done both of these without a compressor, as our packed in a few weeks ago and we are yet to buy a new one, having to use brake/clutch/part cleaner for now and a brush and a towel, working well as the cleaner evaporates. But never as good as a compressor!

if you lived close to me i would give you a tenner a saw to make them sparkly and super sharp out of pitty:001_rolleyes: and i like to reward hard workers,:thumbup1: but if i got them back with 99% of the chain gone because 1 of the teeth was a bit damaged i wouldnt be a happy camper:sneaky2::lol:

I service and maintain a lot of saws; have done for years. Never charged a penny - only parts. Probably why every bugger with a rough running MS200 in south devon comes to me! Sometimes I can't believe the simplicity of "fixing" what folk think is a serious problem. More than 50% of the time it's just dirty filters, gapping plugs, check the carb and done. I think if I charged for the service I wouldn't get any jobs in anyway.