Well thanks a bunch !!!!!!!

Dean Lofthouse

Thats lovely Dean, and you should be justifiably proud. You KNOW my comment was VERY tongue in cheek I hope.

Well i had a weird encounter today....I was driving down the lower track mentioned earlier, there were two new piles of rubbish, one over 100 yds up the lane in our field gateway. Both were a mixture of TV's and furniture etc. I thought about this thread, got to the bottom pof the lane to find a cop car and 2 cops (one a VERY attractive 30 ish woman) and asked them about it. We chatted for awhile, and then he asked me for a business card as he ahd seen the landy signwriting and needed some treework doing!! Tops.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a lovely little letter dean specially since youve said (quite rightly) alot about your chip pile.

We had a job in the blistering heat realy slog to get it done etc customer seemed realy picky about things ( customer almost right etc) she still didnt seem happy.Got into work the next day and the boss phoned and said he had an email saying how lovely we were and how professional and tidy made us quite chuffed.

We did a favor for a mate who had just riped his kitchen out, tiles, plasterboard etc. took it to the local place we take all our waste to and family friend, £170.00 per tonne to tip plasterboard!!! its harder to dispose of than asbestos. (I know its no excuse, but)No wonder there has been a bout of stuff like this turning up on gateways etc down here.

I know it's tempting for them..

We organised a gang of 20 bods from our shoot to spend a sunday clearing flytip from country roads on the estate we shoot ( a little something to put back into the local community), we got three 10ton and had arranged with a council bod to tip at a waste transfer station

When we got to the transfer station they knew nothing of it and declared because they are private and not council they couldn't take it

After a morning of arguing with them, they caved in after I told them the local rag were due on site at 12 to run a story on what we were doing and how we were cleaning up the local community

It's hard work even getting rid of waste that you have cleaned up for the council to try and save them money

This is exactly the reason that we are getting fly tipping. They charge so much at the tip to get rid of it that the unscrupulous are wont to fly tip. The council would save megabucks if they footed the bill for the flytippers to pay to tip rather than pay for the aftermath of flytipping. madness.

Well its going to get worse because around here you will soon need a permit to go to the household refuse tip with either a truck or trailer.

Thats been the situation here for around 8 years now:thumbdown:

I was turned away, (with a permit) for having the back of the landy full of black bin liners on the 27th Decemeber because the back of the truck was sign written.

Having a permit doesnt mean you CAN tip, it only means you can use your commercial vehicle to tip your domestic waste. If they suspect its commercial waste they can still turn you away