When Planners Get it Wrong!!!!

Arborjim

On my way to a site visit today i drove through a very posh little village just outside Harrogate and drove past this(See photos). Sorry about the quality of the pics as i was trying to take them without being seen by the big ugly builder types that kept giving me the evil.

Apparently planning permission was given to increase the sight line for a new property as an ammendment to the original planning app and went straight through the root protection zone.

I spoke to the tree officer who is not very happy with the planning officer in charge who approved the amendment and now cant do anything about it. He did suggest that all the Arborists that had called him about this (I'm not the only one) should go and visit him (the case officer) and also suggested something about a horses head.

Image0235.jpg.074b76145fdd5c38b4b56c03331277c1.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Image0233.jpg.6598a7cf2d0da2db903a2dd6afe3ce16.jpg

Image0232.jpg.522be50bfa32ef358aeb67c56e1608d2.jpg

Image0229.jpg.3ed8ea1ffbf8d40e042b03c4b4cecb4c.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a good one for the Local Government Ombudsman - a clear disregard for the LPA's duty under Section 197 of the TCPA 1990.

Get the complaint in now before the Ombudman disappears through budget cuts... :D

Well spotted..here it is.:001_smile:

" General duty of planning authorities as respects trees

197 Planning permission to include appropriate provision for preservation and planting of trees

It shall be the duty of the local planning authority—

(a) to ensure, whenever it is appropriate, that in granting planning permission for any development adequate provision is made, by the imposition of conditions, for the preservation or planting of trees; and

(b) to make such orders under section 198 as appear to the authority to be necessary in connection with the grant of such permission, whether for giving effect to such conditions or otherwise. "