Tree surgeons "other" services?

Frank

For anyone who thinks that "real" tree surgeons only do trees I would suggest reading the article in Essential Arb from a couple issues ago. Was an article about Overland. Seems a real success story. Started as a family arb business, got into rail and utility work, were offered a contract putting in foundations for electricity pylons, did a good job and got more contracts doing foundations. They also build trucks for tree workers under the name Arbtruck. Makes me wish I had a few more tricks up my sleeve.

Also, if it works out for you will be a bit of poetic justice for all the times a client hired jack the lad with a chainsaw to fell a tree on the cheap.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i do lots of stuff i prefer it that way, im doing trees the now but im laying drains on fri sat then next week im welding in metal railing for an insurance job.

My insurance covers me for all the work i do and most of my work is repeat custom so everyone i work for is happy, who cares what another contractor thinks they dont pay my bills. :thumbup1:

I don't see owt wrong with it as an add on to a tree surgery business, personally I pulled out of domestic fencing and landscaping as a main source of work a couple of years back, as it was getting flooded with people pricing well below any chance of making a living from it, still do an odd one, mostly for regular customers, although this week I will mostly be out on the tractor flail mowing :thumbup1:

I would say go for it if you can offer extra services do it . Times are hard the more services you can offer the better off you will be .At the end of the day Don't worry what other people think that the last of your worries .

Its what you want to offer for your business and your pocket.

Go for it and good luck

Littletree:thumbup: