Sticky Karabiner

Tom2020

Stick karabiner? Mmmmmmm

just how excited where you with your shiny new purchase? Haha

Pmsl well errr

I cleaned it with a bit of warm water let it dry out its self used a bit of wd40 No signs of damage and its never been droped looks ok the only marks i can see is where the locking bit spins round to lock it just put that down to normal were and tear

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick karabiner? Mmmmmmm

just how excited where you with your shiny new purchase? Haha

After having many DMM's in the past with similar faults to this, I will not buy any more, and have ditched my old ones.

I found them to be the highest maintenance, most prone to sticking and having the weakest springs of any ive had.

Have a listen to it, turn the gate does it sound gritty? Fill a bowl of HOT soapy water, hold the karab gate in the water and swish back n forth so the water goes into the gate. let cool and dry. Using HOT water not only gets rid of grease, but helps it dry. When I clean them I hold them with cloth/glove (cos it is hot not warm)

How exactly can WD cause damage to it? Its a lubricant designed for metal parts, karabiners are metal, so why would it damage them?

didn't mean that it would cause any damage,just that its not the best thing to use as a lubricant.

grease,oil,wd,gt 85 whatever all attract dust dirt etc graphite powder deos not:001_tt2:

ive spent alot of money on DMM krabs and am not happy with them,yes they are high maintenance and shouldnt be.ive cleaned them every way possible and even after graphite they have been sticking badly within a few days,not a happy arb as i have almost all DMM in my climbing system.

old petzl's still going strong.why why why did i change.

the sentinal is bad but my ovals seem to be worse.sorry DMM but its just not working,would'nt mind but thet were'nt cheap.

DMM ovals for lowering re-direct coming my way,flash as. :thumbdown:

ive spent alot of money on DMM krabs and am not happy with them,yes they are high maintenance and shouldnt be.ive cleaned them every way possible and even after graphite they have been sticking badly within a few days,not a happy arb as i have almost all DMM in my climbing system.

old petzl's still going strong.why why why did i change.

the sentinal is bad but my ovals seem to be worse.sorry DMM but its just not working,would'nt mind but thet were'nt cheap.

DMM ovals for lowering re-direct coming my way,flash as. :thumbdown:

I was starting to wonder if it was just me!:blushing:

I dont like putting any particular manufacturer down, but in this case from a user point of view they are just too much trouble.

Since these silly 3 action things have come in I have followed a simple rule....

Only buy ones with the secret code PETZL embossed on the side.

The spring that turns the collar (not the spring that closes the gate) just seems far more up to the job than the spring on other karabiners.