Well Paid work... Where is it???

Brodie

I've offered to do a couple of days for free to a company so they can see if they like me they always paid and I got the job shows your keen and you like to graft in my experience I've done similair when self employed just at a lower rate always worked for me, regarding well paid work I think most of it is abroad we've set ourselves up to see if it works as a last chance if it doesn't il leave the country I think we got to make our money while were young in this job or set a company up for when our bodys can't take the stress anymore

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing how there is work out there,,,, as lyon e has pointed out,,, just have to open your eyes and LOOK for it....

seems brodie has gone awful quiet.... hopefully you're driving to beaconsfield...:-)

I think Brodies right, he should be earning £130 a day. Sadly, things are getting harder and harder economy-wise at the moment. Those of us who have enough work are lucky, I know lots of blokes who are struggling to get by at the moment. Put the hours in and do the best you can when you can is the answer. I've been through recessions before and just grafted my way through to the other side.....I can't see this one being any different!

Faster than who? I know guys who I consider to be top of their game, one even has a BSc Arb to boot and they are still worried about their jobs. There just isn't the kind of money you are expecting in the job at the moment. If cash is you motivation get down tesco, if you like tree work then perhaps you need go get off you pedistool.

:thumbup:

Brodie in the nicest possible way your expectations sound more like a guy with a years experience than 11yrs. This industry is FULL of people who are worth top dollar, very very few of them get it. We would all like to be paid more (many of us would like to be paid something at all) but in these times its not gonna happen dude.

Also all these "greedy" employers you speak of, if they earn such good money why not do it yourself????.....its not as rosey as employees seem to think. you ever get to look at a firms books it'll be a big shock!

Fair play to ya frank... You go work for your £50 a day... I wouldnt get out of bed for it mate... that wont even pay the bills..

not trying to be funny but if you did 6 days on £50 thats £300, it would help to get the bills paid and get you in with an employer and more importantly earning while you look for something better or get bumped up when employer sees you are as good as you say you are. i have tried lads who have tickets comming out their backsides and think they are the mutz nutz but are still not up to it.

another word of advice as a company owner, i would be more inclined to give someone a go if they got their head down and didnt go on about money all the time. i know its hard to get a start but posting that you wont get out of bed for 50 quid aint gonna do you any favors. :001_smile:

reckon you need to lighten up a bit,, you seem "tense" re money... you'll get a bunch more than that in austria,,,, but the tax man will take up to 48% depending on your total earnings...

as for back here...£80 is better than £0... take what you get offered and do a good job, then you'll get more,,,,you can't just sit back and say "i will not work for crap money"

you're right of course, as you wont be working full stop....

try going alone,,,,

Aaah....... speaks the voice of experience...:sneaky2::biggrin:

You don't ring for jobs with that attitude do you? That will get you nowhere like mate it's not just about how good you are you need to fit in be enjoyable to be around on site you might be good but if you rub people up the wrong way u won't have a job. I have the same experience and if I had no work I'd work for 50 a day like someone said it's better than 0 a day if your as good as you say you are they will up your wages to keep you