Whats a realistic price to fell one tree

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to explain the exact size it may be much larger than i think but by eye sight i worked out how long it would take to cut and lower each part of the tree and worked out with breaks and the reality of how quick the hours tick by.

Also two climber split the work load less chance of exhuasting them. this is a very big tree please dont take my 70ft estimate as exact if i got a ruler out it may be alot bigger its a huge great tree hundreds of years old.

Dont forget men wear out within the first few hours of hard graft so it wont be steam in for 2 days and get it done there is no way any firm would have this down in 2 days ive worked for some of the biggest firms in my area with bigger equiptment.

This job had to be hand balled to the road from 100ft were talking big limbs rings etc.

The stump will take 1-3 hours at least its massive by the time you get under the surface your looking at 7ft across to be ground 1ft under the mud.

I think any company would need 3 days min. You cant get big toys up near the tree tight accsess so all wheel barrows and bulls aches:laugh1:

Thought i already said was an oak got no pics anymore was a while back,

I just worked out from cutting to clearing up it was a three day hard graft job.

So i priced for three days and allowed room for creeping into a 4th.

whats the cheapest you will work for three days when your doing a min of 10 loads possible up to 15 at worst. ?

It's not an oak tree in twickenham is it? Haha

I wasn't saying I wasn't a massive tree. Just can't understand putting two men into a tree at once?

One for one side the other for the other side its a big tree and two climber wont bump into each other so both with lowering devices but up seperate trunks of the same tree.

Both get the branch sections down within two days leaving as much time on the third for section felling the larger limbs and grinding out the stump which is big.

I dont like working costs to the bone i try to allow for things taking longer then expected and this has paid off very well for 90% of the bigger jobs.

So if we do it earlier we all get a little bonus for working hard .:thumbup:

Cool, always best to allow extra, that's profit.

Cost of transporting timber and chips away depend on distance from yard etc

Big drag outs are always best with cheap labour. Loads of kids on here at moment begging for a "break". Get em in on a trial. Haha

E=TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX;307662]

You can put lots of men on a job do it in less time cost more in labour or less men more time cost in time ??.

I think that is the ''beauty' of doing this work you need to work out productivity. I can tell you one thing that does rarely work that ive learnt recentley is a higher climber to groundie ratio its a pain for your groundie.

Also see if anyone in your local area has a tractor mounted stumo grimnder for thowsse big trees if the access is good it will save alot of time monney and pain!