Whats a realistic price to fell one tree

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

Unfortunatly it was tight accsess so pedestrian grinder pain but no other way from any point.

Its a learning curve but id rather loose the job than get half way and think bugger im gonna loose money.

cest la vie lol.

I tried to work out the best most cost effective way ie men per day etc. I just thought its gonna be such a bull busting job lugging 6ft rings of oak down a garden all day

If you put 2 grand on for three days does that include vat and -20% tax ??>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can put lots of men on a job do it in less time cost more in labour or less men more time cost in time ??.

Depends how much work you have got on and if the job has to be done in x amount of days.

Personally I would take longer with less men which would mean more money in mine and my mens pockets rather than subbies.

If you had 2 climbers and 4 men on the floor you would also want a nice big 12inch chipper and 7.5 tonner truck to make it work.

IMO.

Do you charge vat just wondering.

so with that would be 2350 all in vat tax the lot ??

sounds like a very good price

No vat and dont forget regional differences.. essex is going to be slightly dearer than here or should be.

I reckon if I was busy and priced to allow for overbudget I'd stick another £300 on, If I wanted the job I'd charge what I posted

Cheers mate appreiciate the input, yeah essex does get a decent price depending on where in essex lol.

I thought another company might put 2995 plus vat which would have made me slightly better but i guess some one could have come in at 2 just i would make sod all at 2 grand maybe 200 a day no way for the amount of work involved.

And if things didnt do to plan all you would hear is the musical tree surgeon all day haha:cussing:

Big trees are a PITA when in comes to money in your pocket at the end of the job IMO.

Be the cheapest and get the job just to bust up yourself, your lads, your kit, your truck etc? No thanks.

If your 20 tonne estimate is correct though, there's a few quid in the logs.

We need pics!

Dammit, I'll do it for £1750....:001_tt2: