got a call ! what a laugh

Czlowiek Drzewo

done a small 3 hr morning job today for 180 ( cheap ). 2 men and taking away debris.

Gave quote and costumer was happy to proceed.

Get a call after t time from costumer saying that i had ripped them off! she said that they are happy with work done but the price is crazy as it only took me couple hours and went on to tell me that i shouldn't be earning that much and if they earnt the same per hr they would be rich...i Laughed and told the costumer to get themselfs on training course and become a tree surgeon as the m oneys great! lol

I ended up explaining my outgoings over the phone and doing the...i'm not a cowboy talk. ..but she doesn't care about that! she told me she wished she got her son to nip up the 30ft tree to take branch off....so i asked how would you feel if your son hit his neck with chainsaw and bled to death up the tree..just to save 180 quid!...ended up getting her to agree to pay me after a long converation like this for 20mins.

Getting lots of stupid costumers this week...and my politeness is dissapearing fast!

I now dont explain my overheads, I tell them what portion of the £180 I actually get in my hand

I had it a couple of weeks ago, a bloke saying I was on good money.

I would have charged exactly the same for three hours work and if you are paying things as you should and have a decent setup, on a good business model its a third overheads, a third wages and a third profit I think.

You will make £60 for yourself then out of that £60 you'll pay £12 tax

£48 for three hours hard graft isn't that good now is it :001_smile:

i was told last week that i was very overpriced compared to two other firms that priced the same job. the job was to fell chip and remove all timber from 15 conifers with an average dbh of 20" and height of 30-40 ft all multi stemed and several have to be topped out before felling. i put 1500 on it as it was near my yard and handy for tipping and timber and thought i was doing it for a fair price. nobody wants to pay for anything at the moment. going to phone her back and say i will do it for cost and make my money out of firewood as it seems thats what everybody else is at

I just cant understand why people complain about the price after the work has been done!

They obviously agreed the price before you started.As long as you do what you say in a professional manner and there happy with the end result what's there to complain about.

Would they have been happier if you had gotten rained off half way through or had a mechanical breakdown therefore taking 2 days to do 3 hours work.

Bet they would have thought they had got a bargain then!:001_tongue: