Police incompetence!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

ok skyhuck.. we're never going to agree on this,, you have your point of view, i have mine,

we should agree to disagree,, i'll bow out and leave you to it..

Edited by ad15
re phrase so as not to antagonize.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but that's not what was meant..... it's not the police who make these rules...

blame the politicians that make the rules,,, not the poor copper trying to sort it all out..

I would have had problems with my radio at the point I was told to drop back.

I would have lost my job then through my actions, I would have glady resigned knowing I had used my common sense and risked my own life to save others. Not hidden spinelessly behind rules for fear of having a book thrown at me whilst I stood there watching helpless people being slaughtered

I would have lost my job then through my actions, I would have glady resigned knowing I had used my common sense and risked my own life to save others. Not hidden spinelessly behind rules for fear of having a book thrown at me whilst I stood there watching helpless people being slaughtered

Me too!!!!

I have to tend to agree with skyhuck but If they decided to put up our taxes before this shooting as to cover incidents like this there would be a public outcry by most.

The chances that an incident like this would happen is so small the poilice/government dont want to have sleepy town with thousends of armed police and armed response they would see it as a waste of monney.

Police incompetence I dont think its for anyone but officials to say Just one of them things very sad indeed.

I some times think that all the "training" that people have these days is a bad thing, it seems to me that as soon as they are in a situation for which they have no training they are unable to improvise.

I used to watch 999 and the incompetence of the fire service in some of those situations really shocked me.

I have had no formal training for what I do (just assessments) which means I can find my own way of doing most things, I have not come across a tree that I could not find away of dealing with, I'm sure its often far from by the book, but I manage.

Edited by skyhuck

i know the police,s hands are tied in a lot of these sitiuations but how is it that when someone out shooting pigeons or wildfowling legitimately gets reported by some do gooder that they get a full on armed response team out in minutes, yet this guy was allowed to go on a killing spree.

Its easy to criticise when you dont have all the facts. only cumbria police have all the facts, and in time they may come to light. I think we should stick to talkin trees instead of thinking we know about police protocol and how we could do it better. I dont think they will be talkin trees on a police forum.:001_smile:

Its easy to criticise when you dont have all the facts. only cumbria police have all the facts, and in time they may come to light. I think we should stick to talkin trees instead of thinking we know about police protocol and how we could do it better. I dont think they will be talkin trees on a police forum.:001_smile:

They are our police farce, sorry force, we are more than entitled to point of view.

If you only want to talk trees I suggest you don't come into the "lounge.

If you watch the program the police full admitted the things said were true and we were hearing from people who were there and saw what happened.