LOLER.....another question{s} ?

hazzygawa

As i am a loler inspector for arb equipment, does this mean i can check kit eg. strops, slings and D shackles from other industries? My brother is a carpenter/gallery installer and he needs his kit checking.

Can i check small gantry equipment?

How often do i need to re train?

I got made redundant a few weeks ago, so i am seeing how far this loler stuff will take me.

Thans for all your help.

No, you are a "loler inspector for arb equipment", it kind of explains it all for you right there.

Part of the qualification is being able to recognise all bits of equipment or at least being able to look up what it is, SWL etc.

Maybe you could do cranes next week?

Thats meant in a friendly advice kind of way....

No, you are a "loler inspector for arb equipment", it kind of explains it all for you right there.

Part of the qualification is being able to recognise all bits of equipment or at least being able to look up what it is, SWL etc.

Maybe you could do cranes next week?

Thats meant in a friendly advice kind of way....

agreed:thumbup:

A shackle is a shackle irrespective of whether it has an arb worker hanging from it or it is being used to lift timber for joinery purposes.

The same can be said for all loose lifting equipment

I would expect that the extent and limitations of your qualification would be clearly defined by the issuing body and that the particular operation for which the lifting equipment is used is irrelevant.

But you need to be 100% sure on this - if you step outside the limits of your qualification you will almost certainly be uninsured.

Regards

mac

A shackle is a shackle irrespective of whether it has an arb worker hanging from it or it is being used to lift timber for joinery purposes.

Regards

mac

Really?:confused1:

I thought there was a massive difference, one is covered by PPE therefore needs checking every six months. The other is rigging equipment and needs checking 12 monthly.

Are you a LOLER inspector?

Really?:confused1:

I thought there was a massive difference, one is covered by PPE therefore needs checking every six months. The other is rigging equipment and needs checking 12 monthly.

They are both subject to Loler though. I don't get your point?

I think insurance would be the key problem, yes shackles and slings are all the same if you can identify them, but PI insurance to cover you for Loler test on arb equipment won't cover you for loler test on unrelated industry gear.