New STEIN "Skywalker" Pulley

Nigel

I'm not wishing to knock this new pulley, just interested about where stein stand in terms of copywriting.

I think I'm right in saying that the DMM hitchclimber pulley is the first micro pulley of this type with two attachment points, allowing the other end of your rope to be attached back to the climber through the pulley. The new stein pulley is clearly designed to have much the same purpose.

Is this design idea owned by the hitchclimbers designers?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ever brought 1 stein thing a thowline cube it was cheap and didn’t last long before it fell apart. my friend had a pair of the chainsaw boots and they didn’t last before the eyes fell off for the laces.

Other then Regs lowering devices is stein stuff just a cheaper copy’s or alternatives to other equipment all ready on the market?? I’m not slagging it off I’m just interested

Thank you for your comments. We do listen to what is happening in the market with the products we produce. The STEIN Cube experienced the same problems as other makes on the market. Due to this our MKII version has been upgraded taking these issue into account but the price remains the same: details here Fletcher Stewart

Regarding your friends boots this is hard to comment on without knowing the true story. If you read the thread on the new boots many people have commented on how good the boots are and how well theyhave lasted (Andy Collins 2-years)

We aim to bring you both cost effective and easilly accessible products along with some new innovations.

I'm not wishing to knock this new pulley, just interested about where stein stand in terms of copywriting.

I think I'm right in saying that the DMM hitchclimber pulley is the first micro pulley of this type with two attachment points, allowing the other end of your rope to be attached back to the climber through the pulley. The new stein pulley is clearly designed to have much the same purpose.

There was already a pulley in the states with two eyes for attachment, before the HC came out. Can't remember who made it but its called the mickey mouse. Looks very similiar to this stein one.

Interesting comment about DMM and ISC pulleys, considering the historical links between the two companies, it seems to me that ISC make industrial type components and bring them to the market place, but DMM have are a larger company and more used to making refined items for the leisure climbing fraternity, so they are therefore equipped to "polish the edges" so to speak and re create designs to please the eye for the gear junkies among us.

I'm still unsure where Stein, as a brand fit, into all this. Where petzl, ISC, and DMM have pretty much everything covered in terms of climbing hardware, maybe Stein are looking to the company purchases, if I were an employer wanting to kit out 6 climbers with pulleys etc which one would I choose...........??

I think I'm right in saying that the DMM hitchclimber pulley is the first micro pulley of this type with two attachment points,

I think you'll find the hitchclimber has 3 holes.

The cmi mouse pulley has 2 holes, but the cheeks are made from pressed steel rather than cast ali.

The idea has been around for a while, but the hitchclimber certainly hit the nail on the head. The stein pulley isnt similar enough to any other product to infringe any copyrights.

CMI have had a version of this pulley for a few years but like most of the CMI range it is not tested or certified for PPE whereas the Stein version is. Although they may be used for the same function the design is different. We aim to bring a product to the mass arborist market not just a few.