navara /d22 engine problems

stihllearning

Never heard of that problem with the D22 engine, mine has done 60,000 without a single problem.

D22

120px-Nissan_Datsun_Truck_D22_005.JPG

However I have heard from a Nissan mechanic that the D40s have had serious problems with the engines at the 60K mark.

D40

D40HardTopGreySLRv1.jpg

Sorry cant be of more help.

i have a 99 2.5td d22 its go 97,000 on the clock have had to replace the starter and clutch, apart from that touch quailty wood no other issues. the problems you have heard off is basically anywhere from 60k upwards they apparently have a habit of throwing a conrod through the block, due to oil pressure issues.

http://www.nissan-navara.net/ there is a wealth of knowledge on this site, (if you register more forums appear).

would i buy another d22 navara, yes i would, even after all the scare mongering information i have read, keep something serviced and well looked after and i cannot see why it will not last, ( truck will probably go bang now lol):fisheye:

note: most unreilable vehicle i have ever owned vw golf, you get bad ones in any make model, i think due to the internet people find out more information than they would normally, also just because someone writes something does not mean its true/correct as you all know.

the choice is yours................

I have an 05 plate on 55k. Got me worried now, better get that sevice done.

Not a bit of trouble from new so far.

Nissans on the whole are pretty reliable.

Always the odd bad one. Heard scare stories about all vehicles. Try running a Defender!:wtf:

I'd never buy another Nissan, give me a Land Rover any day.

Ours has done nearly 100k and touch wood has not given us any real trouble- have also found land rover to be far more helpful than nissan when it comes to servicing and repairs:star:

...give me a Land Rover any day.

Ours has done nearly 100k and touch wood has not given us any real trouble- have also found land rover to be far more helpful than nissan when it comes to servicing and repairs:star:

Mine have done 155k on a 300tdi and 165K on a 200tdi. The discovery has been driven to Norway, Denmark and Switzerland without problem. I only take a fan belt and a wheel bearing , tin of radweld, pair of pliers and 2 adjustable spanners.