A Thought for Today.

Andy Collins

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a call from someone last week, totally out the blue. He was interested in a link I put up about a recent forestry death (don't know how he got my number?).

Had a good chat with him, and ultimately came to the conclusion that every fatal/very serious incident is basically news-blocked until after an inquest/HSE report, which is invariably months later and unreported.

I am not a ghoul, but the real facts should be made available to other forestry/arb folks as soon as possible IMO. If we can save one life or injury through swift passage of correct info, not gossip, it would be worth it.

Stay safe fellas.

Edited by Mark Bolam
Spelllllingg

I received a call from someone last week, totally out the blue. He was interested in a link I put up about a recent forestry death (don't know how he got my number?).

Had a good chat with him, and ultimately came to the conclusion that every fatal/very serious incident is basically news-blocked until after an inquest/HSE report, which is invariably months later and unreported.

I am not a ghoul, but the real facts should be made available to other forestry/arb folks as soon as possible IMO. If we can save one life or injury through swift passage of corrrect info, not gossip, it would be worth it.

Stay safe fellas.

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

• 1 month later...

my thought for the day-

It made sense to me Alan, and that is a one in 20 of these emails!

(at this point I will make it clear my interests in "inclusionality" are for the purposes of influencing and generating the "natural empathy potential" rather than transfigural math and all the other aspects that are beyond my limited comprehension)

When you speak of examples of inclusional practice, from the point of view of my above statement, is the holistic model of arbor ecology and organics, permaculture etc not as good an example of the natural development of "inclusional evolution" as one requires?

To say the "unreality" is not a true reflection for me, for there is indeed a great reality, the "inclusional thinking" of some folk is obvious, if not directly influenced or connected to the theory of Inclusivity.

There are many movements afoot, that are built on a "natural empathy" we just need to recognise those that are and include them, by introducing the many "natural includers" to the theory we will almost certainly unify them into the "inclusive umbrella" and generate a great unified force flow that will by its very nature have great influence on the evolution of human thinking toward the "inclusivity model"

That is what i see for the re awakening of the "natural empathy" of mankind, I call this a return to innocence. Ironic how symbolically our taking of the apple, the fruit of the tree of knowledge had us exiled from the garden of Eden, that our quest for knowledge is taking us further from the reality of the earth being the garden of Eden.

It is our "knowledge" that is gradually exiling us from Eden, our agriculture and technology and thirst and gluttony.

Knowledge is indeed a great thing but we are arrogant with it, "inclusional thinking" is a path to wisdom.

if we can include knowledge and combine it with wisdom, we may, maybe just, see a return to innocence, a naturally inclusive path, a route to Eden.

That's what i feel anyways!

and you know me, i like simples.

P.S another example of "inclusional practice"

Army ants of the New World have long been depicted in fictional movies and books as a marauding force that threatens everything in its path including people and entire villages. This is hardly an accurate scenario. Some rainforest peoples actually welcome the periodic visitations by army ants to clear their hut of unwanted resident pests. In addition, forest peoples have been known to use large soldier ants (also soldier leaf-cutter ants) for medical purposes.

tony

• 3 months later...

Before starting up on my own I worked for a very large company that had an all singing all dancing H&S policy. Problem was that it was only to keep the department of labout happy and once I tried to put it into place with the staff those above me basically cut me off at the knees. Turns out that the order of importance was: Profit, Productivity, Image, Safety. Trying to implement the H&S as detailed by the powers that be eventually cost me my job. I was given a few options before taking redundnacy and one of those options, off the record, was to shut up and get on with the job. There will always be a boss that says one thing but thinks another.

I'd just say that although you should be watching out for each other we were always taught at college that you and not anyone else is primarily responsible for your own H&S. If, as has been said before, you're not happy doing something you should decline and give your boss the reasons. What can they do? If they do let you go or insist that you should continue then they're obviously not worth working for!!