what tipper and why??? buying advice

egs

LDV :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice and cheap, Transit running gear, Perfect start up truck/cheap truck imo, Nice to drive, if a little slow but i dont want to go fast, Full of chip and logs.

Edited by Mozza

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An LDV is basically a transit only cheaper. They have the same engine/gearbox etc, well the oldest ones where different and the very latests ones are different too. That should have you nice and confused:001_smile:

What year and price are you looking at.

Rupe(a member on here) has a good thread about his LDV.:thumbup1:

I guess you mean 3grand?

Yes you will see bargains with LDV's, that is why they are so good. 05 plate that new would probably have high mileage which might be a problem. You can also get 02-03 plate ones with low mileage for the same sort of price, and they tend to be neater looking than high miles ones, but reliability is down to good servicign not miles (hi or low miles)

I prefer low milieage and less dents scratches etc. then I know I can screw it up instead of buyign someone elses screw up.

Don't touch any without the digital mileometer (before 02 I think) they are crap and the new ones (maxus??) isn't really an LDV and is not worth looking at. Soon they will be even cheaper than a good 05 LDV.

Late to this thread but I'd stay well clear of Transits between '02 and '05. Had 2 in my last company and literally nothing but trouble. Was dropping one off to get fixed for the 4th time in less than a year and was chatting to the mechanic about them. He pointed out the 9 other transits in his yard in the queue to be fixed and said that if it wasn't for transits he'd be out of business.

Looks well smart with the writing on Rupe, I like it alot :thumbup1:

Need to get mine done over the summer, Last coat of paints going on soon and then i can start looking at designs :thumbup:

Thanks. Still some text to go on, but I havn't decided yet. You've been away, check my dual mass thread out, and if yours is dual mass get it changed to a normal one at the first sign of clutch problems.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/large-equipment/16812-ldv-transit-dual-mass-flywheel-clutch.html