NPTC Training?

Ha! That's what you think and so did I but now I find myself in a strange situation, to be able to quote for one of my local authority's I have to refresh All my tickets because I did them, (my tickets) way back in 1994, so this tells me that my working experience means nothing, a newly qualified guy with up to date tickets but no on site experience has priority with the LA over myself.

This situation is crazy and loaded with stupidity.

Ant NPTC dont do the refresher training OR assessments for refresher! IF I was pedling my wares I would have said that, just wondered how many people knew the difference

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheeky bugger. :lol:

You aren't even the first to make the comparison mate:blushing:

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to be arguementative for fun, just struck me as very obvious what the bloke was trying to achieve. And it may have been easier if he had come out and said it.

I think his first post should have been,

'Hi guys, I'm a Lantra instructor and am a bit concerned that everyone talks about NPTC training, when in fact you can be trained by someone such as myself and then be assessed for NPTC quals. Any thoughts or questions on this would be great guys, so I can work out how best to offer my services in the future.'

Thats what I would have written. Acting dumb and trying to seem surprised at answers he got, was what got to me.:001_smile:

IF I was pedling my wares I would have said that, I was just wondering how many people knew the difference, does that make me dumb?

IF I was pedling my wares I would have said that, I was just wondering how many people knew the difference, does that make me dumb?

You said such things as

'So Its realy Lantra training with the possibility of NPTC assessment? I have never had 'pre assessment training' for any NPTC assessments'

This is what I was referring to as acting dumb.

If you look at the post you quoted you will see what I was actually getting at. I still think that you obviously had a reason to ask the questions. If it was to educate us about the facts regarding assesment or just to gather information, why not say so. I'm on here for a very similar reason myself, but everyone knows that.

I'm not on here to argue, and neither is anyone else. Be more than happy to leave it at that. Or we can spend the rest of the day arguing about it if you would prefer:001_tongue:

Hi here,s my pennies worth

NPTC IS A SELF APPOINTED BODY sold to or bought by city and guilds.LANTRA THEN STARTED TO SET THE STANDARDS. Both bodies are out for the sole purpose of making money lots and lots:sneaky2:

I was trained and assessed by the same man for c30 and all the others.

I preferred that.

Now it is against the RULES you must be assed by an independent.

Who by the way, are both LANTRA and NPTC EMPLOYED

why not just say you are a lantra instructor and you are starting the thread to try and sell your services. User name sort of gives it away. You can have the award for most ham fisted intro of a man trying to sell us stuff though.

:lol:

NO WAY is this the most ham fisted intro.

Surely you haven't frogotten the treepedo :lol:

Isn't it lilke doing your driving test. If you pay for the lessons you have to be trained by an approved trainer. To do the test you have to use an approved centre. Once you've got your license no-one is saying that you're an ace driver - just that you have covered the basics and are now ready to start driving on the road and gain experience.

Yes many poeple can drive a machine without doing a test but there has to be some sort of basic benchmark to allow people to start using what is a dangerous piece of equipment - car, chainsaw, pesticide.

As for doing "NPTC Training" surely they just mean training towards a CoC although there is some discussion if that is the correct terminolgy.

isn't it lilke doing your driving test. If you pay for the lessons you have to be trained by an approved trainer. To do the test you have to use an approved centre. Once you've got your license no-one is saying that you're an ace driver - just that you have covered the basics and are now ready to start driving on the road and gain experience.

Yes many poeple can drive a machine without doing a test but there has to be some sort of basic benchmark to allow people to start using what is a dangerous piece of equipment - car, chainsaw, pesticide.

As for doing "nptc training" surely they just mean training towards a coc although there is some discussion if that is the correct terminolgy.

exactly!!!!

Isn't it lilke doing your driving test. If you pay for the lessons you have to be trained by an approved trainer. To do the test you have to use an approved centre. Once you've got your license no-one is saying that you're an ace driver - just that you have covered the basics and are now ready to start driving on the road and gain experience.

As for doing "NPTC Training" surely they just mean training towards a CoC although there is some discussion if that is the correct terminolgy.

Dam you i was just getting to the end of the thread to say exactly that:thumbup1: