Treemotion V Skylotec Kolibri

Gnarlyoak

You've really got to try them both out to be honest. I love my Skylotec but I did also try a treemotion before I bought anything and found it very uncomfortable. I know others who have them though and say they are best harness they've had. Maybe I didn't spend long enough setting it up but I think I just wasn't the right shape for it and thats what I love about the skylotec, it was like an armchair from the word go without having to spend hours fiddling with all the adjusters!

get yourself to a arb event and try them on.

Then go haggling to all the suppliers and get the best value for money between the two.

I say Skylotech but then i am a bit lardy, also if you intend to have children in the future choose skylotech as i have heard the squeal when the treemotion bites !!

Love nearly everything about my skylo, nearly.

I find it a little bothersome that there are no

quick release toggles on the leg loops. So I end up hopping

about and putting poo boots through my life support

system part from that, comfy, safe, lots of kit loops.

Never reyes the treemotion or majic, heard nothing but

good things about the sequoia though. Trybefore you buy.

what sort of harness are you climbing with currently???, if you are used to a sit harness like the t22 ,weaver or the one i cant think of now! then go with the skylotec other wise,if your used to a tree austria ,butterfly.... treemotion all the way!

did have a skylotec but now have a treemotion because you can replace everythin and now i wouldnt have anythin else.

I agree, i used the Skylotec for for 3 months hated the leg loops and the polebelt attachments. I now have a Tree Motion and love it. Wont have anything else now.

Just my opinion we re all different.

As much as I like my skylotech I still find personal problems to this day leg loops keep twisting round although last time I tightened them right up it was a bit better and the waisst belt sometimes goes a bit slack but maybe this is me being a srawnny so and so.

Oh yeah I forgot mine used to do that! I unpicked the elastics, crossed them over (like they are on an Edelrid Tree Magic) then machine sewed them back on again. Problem solved! Though I guess that blows my theory that the Skylotec takes less time to adjustment to fit... :blushing:

How much time do you spend on spikes chogging/dismantling vs reductions? The Skylotec is like an armchair with spikes (IMHO), my brief experience with the treemotion is that it's lighter and more manoeuvrable for strectchy reach work and the leg loops don't twist round and is comfy when set up. Apart from the leg loops sliding a little, I've loved my skylo, and you can hang an epic amount of gear... :). It suited me better when I was getting towards normal size....