Bounus Scheme

ajc

A friendly tenner in the hand after a job well done always puts me in a better mood.

Never had a bonus scheme and I dont really see how it could be beneficial in a arb business.

Think I'll stick to the beers in the fridge for the staff at the end of the day.

One company I used to work for would give an annual bonus for good work, promoting the business etc, and it could be as much as 1500 quid. BUT, if you broke anything, lost any tools, were late repeatedly or any other reason, this bonus suffered. One poor chap reversed the pick-up and dented a rear panel = no bonus. I'd rather see a slightly better wage, than a bonus scheme at all, as said it is detrimental to good working practice, it leads to accusations of favouritsm, and is bad for general team morale.

in my last job the bonuses were HUGE... brilliant fun and all that, don't see it working the same over here though.. i'll "tip" any subbies working for me if they do a good job..

something i used to do for my paid athletes in stead of "photo incentive" (didn't agree with the way it worked) was if the athlete got a front cover on a mag or a good result in a comp then i'd go buy them something i knew they wanted, one guy got an i pod touch, another got a laptop, another got a new double bed, etc etc...

this worked very well, there was no routine or set pattern, it was purely down to them performing as they should, ( it was their job anyway) and if they did good i'd reward..

Bonus schemes cause nothing but grief! i worked for a multi-million pound company that gave you an extra 10% on your days wage if you cleared your daily quota by 3 trees, if you did 2 over your quota you got nout. Well we worked like dogs for weeks and cleared our quota by 4 trees per day to get well we can't pay you that as you'd be on more than your manager. We had to get our union involved for the 3 of us to get what only added up to a few hundred quid each. Evidently we were than asked/told not to exceed our quotas for the day.

Although running my own company if the subby has and easy day they get normal pay, if they have a hard day i pay a bit more (normally ivy's involved).

Just my experiance of bonus schemes.

I think bonuses should or could be given for bringing in (profitable) work, but not for getting work done quicker than estimated as that causes problems as raised above already.

If you get a job done early then you get the reward of having a nice afternoon of washing all the vehicles, what more could a conciensus employee ask for??

Its all very well getting a job done quickly but if you haven't got another one available to book in at very short notice then its all for nothing. Soemtimes we have a pile of small council jobs that we can dip into whenever we choose but at 2-3pm its hard to find the motivation!

Finishing a few hours early doesn't actually save any money anyway. Of course getting a job done a whole day earlier is a good thing as its saves a whole journey out to the job so that is a genuine saving, it makes it easier to book another job into that spare day and goes towards those wet days when nothing gets done at all.