Lawn mower engine problem

Ty Korrigan

First, sorry for posting it here if it's in the wrong place.

Also, sorry, but I cut grass too to make ends meet!

So,

I have a Honda's own brand hydrostatic self propelled walk behind mower which is not it's usual faultless self.

It is now 'hunting' when on full revs.

I mean it automatically revs RA RA RA

(like a tory laughing at a hunt ball) :biggrin:

Seriously,

I ran it out of fuel, filled it up then it started this RA RA RA.

About the same time I also bashed it into something in a hedge and may have hit the carb area.

What possible causes are there for this and how can I repair it or at least be forwarned when I take it into my local 'Motoculture' as I live in France and so automatically expect a large bill.

Regards and thanks in advance

Ty

First, sorry for posting it here if it's in the wrong place.

Also, sorry, but I cut grass too to make ends meet!

So,

I have a Honda's own brand hydrostatic self propelled walk behind mower which is not it's usual faultless self.

It is now 'hunting' when on full revs.

I mean it automatically revs RA RA RA

(like a tory laughing at a hunt ball) :biggrin:

Seriously,

I ran it out of fuel, filled it up then it started this RA RA RA.

About the same time I also bashed it into something in a hedge and may have hit the carb area.

What possible causes are there for this and how can I repair it or at least be forwarned when I take it into my local 'Motoculture' as I live in France and so automatically expect a large bill.

Regards and thanks in advance

Ty

govenor spring most likely if you ran it into a hedge

When you say it happened at the same time did it actually happen at the same time. I.e Did you hit the hedge and it ran out at the same time, or did it run for a bit afterwards (30 secs a minute etc). Do you normally let it run dry or is do you top up regularly? Could be rubbish in the carb or you may have bent one of the bits on the carb, as others have said most likely the governor spring.

R

Cheek the governor spring, but I would also clean the carb as you ran it out you will have sucked any crap that was at the bottom of the tank into the carb, this will cause it to hunt.

You need to drop the carb bowl there will be a 1/2 nut in the bottom of the carb remove this and spray something up the jet carb cleaner would be best but WD40 will do.

Hope this helps.:001_smile: