daldinia concentrica / carbon balls

BTS

got a job on removing beech about 50ft tall with lean about 1 metre up theres daldina concentrica round some old wound only about 30% around diameter, will this effect structure and is tree safe to climb

just rigg it down in smaller sections ,avoid snatching any heavy lumps ,& get on with it ,:laugh1:

It will effect the structure strength.

As for how much its hard to say.

Ash is very very weak with this and not good at all to rig down on, well not snatch out big bits that for sure!

It should be fine to climb on and rig out as long as it aint too much.

just rigg it down in smaller sections ,avoid snatching any heavy lumps ,& get on with it ,:laugh1:

Ash is very very weak with this and not good at all to rig down on, well not snatch out big bits that for sure!

I would strongly advise against making assumptions as to someones RA/MS assistance on this post guys, it is not wise.:thumbdown:

I would strongly advise against making assumptions as to someones RA/MS assistance on this post guys, it is not wise.:thumbdown:

Not to worry none of the stuff I say is very wise:laugh1:

Just look at the hollow beech on Monkeyd's thread. That could help you decide whats strong enough.

Changed to...

It should be fine for me to climb on and rig out as long as it aint too much.

Sorted.:thumbup:

I Deadwooded an Ash with Daldinia at about 1m a few weeks back, tree is on its way down in life and has at a guess 5 years left before it has to come down, was safe to climb and will be ok to rig in v small bits but only YOU can make a desision on wether to climb it or not, if your in any doubt don't do it.

I thought BTS was asking about a Beech?:confused1: