The Dark Side

treequip

After a quarter of a century in tree work I have finally gone over to the dark side and bought a saw that isn’t Orange. I have my first ever Husky.

It is appropriate that like myself it is aged but not yet obsolete.

The point of this post is, has anyone got a set of dogs for this.

Husky 2100

treequip-albums-general-picture2837-husky-2100.jpg

After a quarter of a century in tree work I have finally gone over to the dark side and bought a saw that isn’t Orange. I have my first ever Husky.

Husky 2100

i'm sorry to break this to you mate.... but that saw is orange! most huskys are in fact, but its not a widely known fact, so i'll let you off:001_tt2:

2100 excellent saw, old-school muscle...

but take care of it, parts are a mare to get hold of (couple of generic parts like sprockets available from baileysonline, otherwise there are used spares on us ebay fairly regularly... chainbreak parts are like hens teeth tho).

shares all but the top-end with the husky 285, and is pretty much identical to the 1100, 2101 and 298..

there might be a 285 carcass under the bench of my local saw shop still, i'll check for you next time i'm there for dawgs

think you will need a new set of hands if you use that:confused1:

i may have some dogs but not sure

what model was it

Hi Bob

It’s an old skool cool Husky 2100

It doesn’t feel that bad on vibe, remember I have been using Stihl since Adam was a lad so my hands are pretty well acclimated to it by now.

Andy