stihl kombi system

ad15

forgot to add,,, i'm a one man band on hedges, unless it's paying enough to drag tommer along...but he's always doing walls....;_)

You couldnt afford me mate:sneaky2::laugh1:

I made enquiries about those machines....both came from the same supplier at around the same time.......One got his money back and the other a new machine. So all's well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really pleased with my Combi setup. Have the second biggest engine, Strimmer, Adjustable hedge cutter, pole pruner and extension, and blower at moment. Have been thinking about the brush and power sweep... Good to read people rate them.

I have had mine for 3 and it has been a royal pain in the arse ,nothing but grief needs a new ignition mod at the momment,broke down after half a tank of fuel when new and had to go back to factory,the blower is good but the spindle needed to be modded as it was not long enough and i have destroyed 2 hedge trimmer heads and 1 gypsy stick.... basicaly its destroyed all my confidence in stihl gear along with a the hs 81 and 200t carbs

dont worry ads.... i just like moaning and can probably destroy most gear i use in a short space of time.. i havnt broken the tillier or strimer but then i only use them in the garden.

Think my 130 was a friday afternoon machine.!

oh and i had a problem with the valves sticking open due to carbon deposits wich is weird because i ran it on aspen for a year and a half,dont think it liked the swich back to normal 2 stroke ....have been told its very important to use the stihl ultra 2 stroke mix to stopthis happening.

Edited by MattyF

Should maybe add.... I am not a tree doctor or woodsman....

I am a professional engineer with farming and forestry interests!

I could not justify a clearing saw, a pruning saw, blower and long reach hedge trimmer...

but as a set of tools with one power unit.... makes good sense! Hence Kombi

Have always liked Stihl kit over Husky... so now have 3 saws as well as the Kombi, including an MS880. Also have a U1000 mog and several Landies!

glad i asked...:blushing::lol:

Thats what you get for asking a question on here mate.

Half the people who reply usually hate whatever it is, half love it, and whoever asked the question ends up none the wiser.:lol:

What do you think of it mate? You used it for a job yet?