stihl kombi system

ad15

glad i asked...

pessimistic old goat????:sneaky2::001_tt2:

Thats what you get for asking a question on here mate.

Half the people who reply usually hate whatever it is, half love it, and whoever asked the question ends up none the wiser.:lol:

But that is exactly the point of the forum. You ask a question, you get a plethora of (often conflicting) views drawn from a wealth of knowledge and experience, and that allows you to make up your own mind. That is what you WANT when asking a question on here. From this thread Ady is able to establish that the overwhelming view is that the Kombi system is a good bit of kit, with the minority of users dissatisfied. A job well done IMO.:001_smile:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i think it was aimed at me...:lol::lol:

just been out trying my hitch climber... was a bit nervy after reading the thread about the faller...

checked it all then checked again,, made a few little adjustments to make sure the krab that attaches to the splce does not interfere with the hitch,

nice system, esp with the showa gloves a mate that works in a power station gave me, they're their version of grippers,,, and the stick to tachyon like glue.. cheers richy rule for your help there..

glad your getting on with the hitch climber vt, i was put off it for years as every one called it the death hitch... used it for a few years solid and it has been nothing but a god send!and good luck with the combi system mine was good...but dont forget the fuel thing apparantly very important and they wont honour the waranty

the fuel thing? i'm doing the mix if that's what you mean?

re the VT,, the only spook i got was when the krab that holds the splice stops the hitch from gripping, effectively holding it down as you would to desend...figured i was doing something wrong, have now moved the splice krab to the middle/ outer ring to keep it away.. is this right?

re kombi, love it, NEED the extension pole though....

use the green stihl fuel! think its called ultra...but maybe just my local shop trying to con me in too paying for repairs...

My spliced eye runs in the middle ,the hitch krab on the bottom...never forget the prussik and blakes will slip and evan bite up fully ,the vt far less it just needs setting some times ,ritch and micks vid shows when on ascent but it becomes quite different in the canopy,becomes second nature after a while when this needs doing.

according to my local stihl dealer and this makes sense as i have had problems with the valves sticking open due to carbon build up...was told this would be far less likely with the green fuel as its for the higher performance engines,less carbon...aparently they recomend it runs in all pro saws as well!