stihl kombi system

ad15

We've got the 130R and really rate it. We use the strimmer, pole pruner, adjustable hedge cutter and extension shaft all the time.

The bristle brush is great for removing moss on paving and the power sweeper is great for moving snow and wet leaves. They're both great fun too!

We've also got the pick tines but there useless if the ground is less than perfect.

If you get a pole pruner I'd recommend getting the angled gearhead as it enables better work positioning. A harness would also be good if using it for longer periods. We don't have one but it gets your back after a while.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run both stihl & husky combi engines. The stihl is far superior , far better build quality . The husky is 23 cc and the stihl 35cc, but stihl offer I believe 4 different engine sizes. I would recommend against carbon fibre extensions I have broken 2, the steel extensions are built to last. The dedicated bag is an over priced con, mine is held together with cable ties. They are an excellent tool but I believe you can now purchase a hedge cutter attachment for the stihl pole pruner , to give you another option.

ive just got a kombi with the 100 4 mix on it, with the saw and trimmer head, im not that impressed really.

ive had a few running problems, stalling, etc

i had to return the saw head as it stopped oiling after 20 mins they had to replace something but they never told me what

with the extension shaft in the machine sounds different

the plastic connectors are crap both turn around as you are using them, does this on both saw and trimmer heads.

engine doesnt seam balanced, it wants to spin round upside down all the time.

adjusting the trimmer head angle is awkward especially when balancing on top of a ladder as you need both hands to adjust angle, which means bringing the machine in and balancing the engine on something and trying to adjust it, iam used to running shindiawa machines changing the head angle is quick and easy and you can do it one handed, the build quality is not as good a stihl though, i can get stihl parts next day but ive been waiting for a saw head sprocket for my shindiawa for months now!

my workers always go for the shindiawa trimmers first, im left with the new shiney but heavy and awkward thing.

The saw head is nice though cuts as smooth as a normal saw

jonesie,, thanks for that... understood, cant wait til tomorrow

tommer.. you pessimistic old goat... anything is expensive scrap metal if you don't look after it and it it's broken..

if it does go lala, then stihl are very good with their warranty and parts can be replaced same as any of the saws you , i or anyone else has..:001_tt2:

jonesie,, thanks for that... understood, cant wait til tomorrow

tommer.. you pessimistic old goat... anything is expensive scrap metal if you don't look after it and it it's broken..

if it does go lala, then stihl are very good with their warranty and parts can be replaced same as any of the saws you , i or anyone else has..:001_tt2:

I have only seen two and both have gone the same way, different owners.:001_smile: