Tattoos!!

mikedrums69

Now i'm a man who loves my tattoos and have several myself. :thumbup:

But i want to now what you guys thought of them and would you employ someone who is heavily tattoo'd that show i.e. Hands, neck?

The reason i ask is because because i'm planning on getting my hands and the side of the neck done, i'm gonna ask my employer what he thinks first. But obviously don't want to ruin any future job oppertunities should i move area.

Also to all you freelancers/ self employed who are tattoo'd. Do you sometimes have any difficulty getting work because of your tattoos?

Cheers,

Mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I employ free lancers and personally I could'nt careless what tattoo's they have so long as they can do the job.

I think it is really bad when people judge a book by it's cover.

Having said that I know there are plenty of snobs out there that will look down their nose at you for having your hands and neck tattoo'ed.

Personally, I agree with Mick. For tree work and such like it really doesn't matter what you look like to me.

However, many potential employers will have in mind what image they are portraying to customers. When I was in tree work, many of my customers were older, and for want of a better word 'snobby'.

Many of them were impressed with the quality of the paper the estimate came on and the shiny new equipment. Would they have been impressed with a worker with mant visible tatoos, probably not.

I think its fine if you just want to work for someone else all your life. If you ever want to run your own business and be the "Director of first Impressions" then it may not work for you.

Now if you lose work cos of tatoos then the clients are snobs or whatever you want to call them but they choose who works for them simple as that, and if they choose clean cut and presentable over cleancut presentable and tatooed then thats up to them.

Infortunately its the snobby types that have all the trees and the money.

Personally, I agree with Mick. For tree work and such like it really doesn't matter what you look like to me.

However, many potential employers will have in mind what image they are portraying to customers. When I was in tree work, many of my customers were older, and for want of a better word 'snobby'.

Many of them were impressed with the quality of the paper the estimate came on and the shiny new equipment. Would they have been impressed with a worker with mant visible tatoos, probably not.

I think once they have accepted the estimate on the quality paper then its too late for them to worry about tatoos, although the company could lose further work.

I think once they have accepted the estimate on the quality paper then its too late for them to worry about tatoos, although the company could lose further work.

Just an example of the kind of things that clients had mentioned they were impressed with mate. Many of the estimates were for people who had requested them after seeing us working on there neighbours trees etc. Knowing the kind of people they are, i'm not sure they would have come over and asked for a card, if the workers were covered in tatoos.

Im a big fan of tattoos also and never had any problems with mine, or my piercings!!

-Just a word of warning,

Freshly tattooed hands + Sweaty work gloves = Major disaster!!!

First impressions count and like it or not faced with a guy sporting tattoos or a ' clean' guy many people will opt for the 'clean' one.

Most people ascertain quickly their perceived opinions of people inc. me and can be wildly wrong:blushing:

As long as you're happy with it and don't come over as some sort of thug you should be fine.

Im a fan of tattoos although i dont sport any myself, I want to tho.

For me, I couldnt care less if a person has them all over there head, hands, eyelids etc, If your good at the job, You'll get work.

I used to work with a guy that was coverd in them, all over his neck, hands, even on his ears, He was blind in one eye, So had a really mad collection of glass eyes, that he alternated, One was modeled on an 8 ball from pool :laugh1: Looked like a right hard guy BUT he knew his stuff and was a good climber, He also knew a hell of a lot about tree biology, so when a customer came out to talk to him, You could see at first they were abit wary but after 5 minutes talking, They could see he was a really nice guy and very good at his job.

Its all in the communication in my book, If you just grunt at customers they wont like you BUT know your stuff and be nice and pleasant, they will, No matter what you've got embossed on your body.

First impressions count and like it or not faced with a guy sporting tattoos or a ' clean' guy many people will opt for the 'clean' one.

Most people ascertain quickly their perceived opinions of people inc. me and can be wildly wrong:blushing:

As long as you're happy with it and don't come over as some sort of thug you should be fine.

Yeah i see you and the others mean.

I like to believe that i'm a nice guy and am approachable (Although i do have my moments:blushing:)

But yeah, i suppose that some people will instantly be put of with false conclusions they've came up with just because of my tattoos.

I think i'll stick with the ones i can cover up.