vt failure causes bad fall

gingertreeninja

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you obviously know so little about the vt system, then why bother arguing the toss about it. The vt is in no way unsafe otherwise how would tuefelberger be able to sell the C.E climb system?

Yes I am wondering why I do bother posting at all lately.

You are all right about the climber error rather than the knot, but it is a bit poor when if you dont check it this can happen.

I wouldnt expect my krab to need such constant attention.

Thats all I said I wasnt arguing against it!

The above accident wouldnt have happened if a he was using

A prussik or

B he had checked his knot.

I just dont think using something that if you dont check often can result in a nasty accident is particular good, thats all.

I was also just comparing it to a krab in the fact I wouldnt use one if it came loose while in use.

There's nothing wrong with some healthy debate fella. The point I was making is that you don't have to check the knot regularly, if used properly it is "fixed" constantly by the way you climb. It is however an unforgiving system that should only be used as an "advance" from a basic system (not advanced as in superior, whoever said that).

For getting around a tree, I can't think of anything better, for ascending thee are loads of superior ways and the same for descending.

My main point on this thread, however I worded it, was that the climbing system did not cause the fall. Period.

So are you a competent loler inspector? If not then how does your insurance company feel about the fact that YOU have checked YOUR own equipment and have deemed it ok to you. After all it is YOU who would have to put your hand in your pocket and buy new?

As far as I'm concerned-If I hang my life from it-my check is good enuff :001_cool:

Kx

So are you a competent loler inspector? If not then how does your insurance company feel about the fact that YOU have checked YOUR own equipment and have deemed it ok to you. After all it is YOU who would have to put your hand in your pocket and buy new?

As far as I'm concerned-If I hang my life from it-my check is good enuff :001_cool:

Kx

Don't know if that was just a joke or ignorance.

Had some early scares with the VT, persevered, learnt how to set it correctly with right combo for me, been great since.

If you're happier with other systems, hitches, whatever, that's cool with me.

We all want to do a good job, enjoy it, and come home safe.

Let's do that.

I've got absolutley against nothing other methods of climbing. The last thing I want though is accidents being reported accusing the vt of failing then have use look into it and banning such climbing systems. Haha

Don't know if that was just a joke or ignorance.

Neither -rely-to be fair - kit can fail - regardless of how much its checked-it might have been LOLER 98 'd yesterday, I'd still check it thoroughly before I used it that day-regardless.

Kx

Neither -rely-to be fair - kit can fail - regardless of how much its checked-it might have been LOLER 98 'd yesterday, I'd still check it thoroughly before I used it that day-regardless.

Kx

Have you any examples of kit failing??

In my 16+ years in the industry I can't think of one accident caused by equipment failure.